X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla delays Firefox 3.1 again

Bad news folks:

Mozilla delays Firefox 3.1 again

."It is unclear if the latest delay will affect final delivery of Firefox 3.1, which was expected this quarter"

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Mozilla delays Firefox 3.1 again

oh noes!!

Comment

Ah, boo. There goes my plan of trying 3.1b3 on my birthday.

Originally posted by InfoWorld
      Two weeks ago, Mozilla announced that Beta 3 would ship on Feb. 2, a week later than previously scheduled.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Ohh no my life is over, I have everything riding on this release and now it's being delayed, what am I to do?

Comment

I still wonder why my some sites like MySpace think that my version of Firefox (3.0.5) is a mobile device. I go to the sites and it brings it up as a Mobile Web.

What the heck is it reading off of Firefox that is making it think I am logging in from a Mobile phone?

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post
            I still wonder why my some sites like MySpace think that my version of Firefox (3.0.5) is a mobile device. I go to the sites and it brings it up as a Mobile Web.

What the heck is it reading off of Firefox that is making it think I am logging in from a Mobile phone?
            It's probably the apps dev who thinks that everyone who visits that particular part of the website is a mobile user.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Hm, my personal remedy for problems with MySpace is to simply never log on, as to avoid the old high school crowd that wants to "hang out" again...
              "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
              -- Red Forman

Comment

Good news to me. The less buggy, crappy browser software we have looking at the net, the better. Now if somebody could patch IE, to like... not exist.

Comment

Originally posted by ZaBoo View Post
                  Good news to me. The less buggy, crappy browser software we have looking at the net, the better. Now if somebody could patch IE, to like... not exist.
                  It's changing for the better. Hopefully the masses will use IE8 (when it releases) rather than IE5, 6, or 7.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post

The programmers of the site have made some incorrect assumptions. The web server does return the client information. If a programmer wants to know the type of browser they can fetch it from the web server. If they set up conditions that if it is this browser do this, if it is that brower do that and all the rest do something else.

It seems that the programmers didn't want to deal with Firefox (Mozilla) as a client and likely has code that assumes if it is not IE then it is a cell phone or something and gives you the page accordingly. It is an easy fix if they want to do it, just include Mozilla in their tests along with IE.

But the programmers made the decision to assume a mobile device if it is a client they don't recognize.

My assumption only.....
                    |TG| RoadWarrior

Comment

Originally posted by RoadWarrior View Post
                      The programmers of the site have made some incorrect assumptions. The web server does return the client information. If a programmer wants to know the type of browser they can fetch it from the web server. If they set up conditions that if it is this browser do this, if it is that brower do that and all the rest do something else.

It seems that the programmers didn't want to deal with Firefox (Mozilla) as a client and likely has code that assumes if it is not IE then it is a cell phone or something and gives you the page accordingly. It is an easy fix if they want to do it, just include Mozilla in their tests along with IE.

But the programmers made the decision to assume a mobile device if it is a client they don't recognize.

My assumption only.....
                      You could fairly easily use Javascript to find out which browser a user is using (in like 5 lines of code). Those app devs are really ignorant and lazy if this is the case.

Generally it's a good idea to have a separate subdomain/domain/site link for those using mobile devices to access the page, since some content are not supported by phones/pdas and due to the small screen size (usually less than 800 x 600).
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

User agent detect script:
                        http://www.quirksmode.org/js/detect.html

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
                          That script is a lot more complex than the ones I've used. Oh well, it's freely available so it's not hard for some Facebook web developer to use it.

The above script might actually be better since the detection script is modifiable.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X