DRAM Prices Soar Post Qimonda Bankruptcy Filing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRAM Prices Soar Post Qimonda Bankruptcy Filing

I have read about this on a couple of news sites, and it is kind of important if you are trying to decide to pick up one of the good deals out there on RAM right now. The mind blowing deals might not be around much longer.

DRAM Prices Soar Post Qimonda Bankruptcy Filing

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: DRAM Prices Soar Post Qimonda Bankruptcy Filing

I just bough 8 gigs for less than a 100 bucks. So im good.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

maybe i should get another 4 gigs sooner rather than later...thanks for the info

Comment

My thinking is, if you already have 4 gigs of DDR2, you are good to go with that. But if you are still running like 2 gigs, or the memory you have isn't the fastest your motherboard can handle, then it would be a good time to grab some before it's too late.

On the other hand, if you have 4 now, I personally wouldn't get more because by the time you need more than that, you will be looking to upgrade to something that runs DDR3, or who knows, maybe DDR4 like in 2010 or 11.

I still can't come close to using my 4 gigs, except in Grand Theft Auto 4 because of a memory leak that kept running up and up the ram usage.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
          On the other hand, if you have 4 now, I personally wouldn't get more because by the time you need more than that, you will be looking to upgrade to something that runs DDR3, or who knows, maybe DDR4 like in 2010 or 11.

I still can't come close to using my 4 gigs, except in Grand Theft Auto 4 because of a memory leak that kept running up and up the ram usage.
          I no longer see the need to get another 4 GBs of RAM as I know I'll be building a better rig come 2011/2012. Plus when I turn this machine into a Linux PC/server/sibling PC, 4 GBs is plenty.

As for GTAIV, I think one of the latest patches might have alleviated some of that memory leak problem. For me it doesn't eat more than 1.5 GBs of RAM now even after playing for 8 hours straight (although it will lock up or CTD in those intervening hours). Before it was eating upwards of 2.3 GBs of RAM.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X