Annoying problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying problem

Last week I updated my sound card drivers because the previous ones were 3 years old.

Ever since, my microphone boost keeps disabling itself for no apparent reason.
    A google search turned up tons of threads but all were caused by applications like skype, yahoo chat and all that crud that 'hijack' mic settings. I don't have any of that rubbish installed on this system.

POE2 Developer

Re: Annoying problem

I guess it'd be best to uninstall the new drivers, and reinstate the old ones.

This might be bad advice, but I personally don't bother doing any driver updates when my computer is working well. I'm running on pretty old drivers for everything except my video card, and everything is running like clockwork. I only update drivers when I do have problems with a particular piece of hardware. Sometimes driver updates seem to screw up more than they fix. Take that with a grain of salt, though. It seems to me that most people like to keep their drivers up to date.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Try reinstalling the drivers.

Have you changed or uninstalled some voice-related program after you installed the new drivers?
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Uninstall the drivers then open the p.c and plug out the card completely, then close the case and restart the p.c, log on and let everything load, you may be asked to turn on the on board audio for the motherboard or it may come on automatically, if it is automatic then that's fine, if you have to enable/disable it in the bios then you will have to change those settings yourself, but like I said if it is automatic then just let the pc load and when it is done done shut it down, open up the p.c and plug back in the card, when windows detects the card and asks you if you want to search/install the drivers say NO, and close down the error, then just install the new drivers that you downloaded by double clicking the file, if that does not work you may have to try an earlier set of drivers or revert back to the old, there also may be some files left on your system from the old drivers that may be causing a conflict, uninstall all the drivers then restart the p.c, do not install anything!, and do a search for any drivers/files that might be lying around.

Or you could try running around the room pulling out your hair screaming "why are you doing this to me" :madsmile:

Comment

I gave up on it, ty everyone.

POE2 Developer

Comment

Have you tried reverting back to the old drives? (Device Manager > Sound card Properties > Drivers tab > Roll back drivers... )
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yep, tried all that nonsense, not a big deal in the end so I'm leaving it.

POE2 Developer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X