X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nVidia Ion (SFF PC)

nVidia Ion @ Ars Technica

TechReport Reviews Ion Platform from nVidia

I thought this was a interesting development from nVidia as we've seen some SFF PCs in the past from names like MSI and ASUS, but I didn't expect one from nVidia. Not so soon anyways since I was expecting one with a SoC chip.

It's a good read and I like how they mated the Atom 330 with a 9400M chipset. This thing should be capable of HD playback with a capable BR drive or video file.

I can't wait to see the pricing on one of these. Would make a perfect HTPC for the crowded rack in the living room. :)
    Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 02-04-2009, 05:47 PM.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: nVidia Ion (SFF PC)

Some very exciting news!

The Ion is said to be shipping in the spring! Source

It will be a nettop, though, and not a netbook, but it offers some nice possibilities for those of you thinking about a HTPC or a streaming HTPC.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Re: nVidia Ion (SFF PC)

Some time in the spring, I'll be due to build another HTPC box. Primarily because I'm leaving my DVR with my parents, and just adding the HD tuner to it when I get the cash.

I'll keep my eyes open, including for this device. I may simply buy something like it instead of buying another one, as I'd like to shy away from even an mATX platform to keep the size and heat down.
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X