BS FPS Lag!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS FPS Lag!?

Hey guys. Not sure this is the exact are that is correct for this so move my post if necessary!

I'm having really strange FPS problems. It's spiking (not my ping) from like 11 to 30s and from yellow to red like a trance strobe light. I've been playing TF2 for MONTHS and never had this problem save the past two days. I've restarted the computer, defragged TF2, checked my internet connection with another laptop and the game worked just fine. I've even been playing the same servers with the same people and checking all the servers in my favourites and no one else is experiencing these issues

I have an Asus Intel 2 Duo Processor p8400 320 GB 4GB ram 5100 AGN Nvidia Geforce 9800m gt Graphics card running Windows Vista.

Any suggestions? It really blows and won't stop </3

Thanks for reading this.
    [TKO]Bambi

Re: BS FPS Lag!?

have you installed or uninstalled anything lately? such as graphic drivers or something?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

you GPU could be overheating, so I would you check that
      Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
        you GPU could be overheating, so I would you check that
        I would do that first. A can of air is the best method of cleaning out any trapped dust. Never use a vacuum cleaner.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

unless its a 3M grounded electronics vaccuum ... got one from a friend who works on medical imaging equipment for a living
          powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Tonk View Post
            unless its a 3M grounded electronics vaccuum ... got one from a friend who works on medical imaging equipment for a living
            Uh, well most people don't have one of those. I've only held one in my hands briefly as I've never used one before.

Anyways, use a can of air blow the dust out and onto the ground (away from your computer), then you can use a portable mini-vac to pick up the dust.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
              Uh, well most people don't have one of those. I've only held one in my hands briefly as I've never used one before.

Anyways, use a can of air blow the dust out and onto the ground (away from your computer), then you can use a portable mini-vac to pick up the dust.
              Or better yet bring the case outside and blast it there.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
              In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

His location is listed as Alaska so he could just take that sucker outside and theres no way it would overheat, hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
                  His location is listed as Alaska so he could just take that sucker outside and theres no way it would overheat, hehe.
                  Actually, if he could put his rig in a unheated part of his house, then he wouldn't have to worry about overheating. Plus it would be better than having moisture and melted snow ruining his system outside. ;)
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X