Kindle 2!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindle 2!

Read about Engadget's preview of the Kindle 2.

From the picture, I want one even more. Looks to be a better thumbboard than the current (old) one.

Oh gosh...I can't resist the urge to get the pre-order! I think it's time for me to ask for another loan from my parents.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Kindle 2!

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
    I think it's time for me to ask for another loan from my parents.
    Nahh. Just claim it will create a couple jobs and get some'o'dat stimulus.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
      Nahh. Just claim it will create a couple jobs and get some'o'dat stimulus.
      I only wish. That is a lot of money.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Anyone own the Kindle 1? Thoughts/feedback?

I'm one click away from ordering the Kindle 2 and wanted some feedback before I plop down $360 for it.

Edit: I gave in to temptation. I now have a pre-order for it. I wish it had a SD expansion slot, cost less, and had a included cover. BUT, I can live with carrying around a MP3 player and investing in a cheap neoprene sleeve later down the road. As for cost, it's is the 3rd biggest purchase I've made in the last 12 months. I hope it is well spent.

At least I won't be burdened with carrying around my paperbacks and tomes when I want to read some good novels. :)
        Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 02-10-2009, 01:21 AM.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

This is great! And congrats on the pre-order! I really wanted the first Kindle, and when I FINALLY decided to buy it, it was sold out for a long time! Now that this Kindle 2 is coming out, I'm too broke to afford one. Lol.
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Hopefully nothing drastic changes in the next few months or else I'm going to completely regret this purchase.

Thanks War. :) I'll post up a short review of it when I get in (supposedly by March 2nd).

Anyone else have the Kindle 1?
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Grandmother uses it due to no post office issue for her magazines/newspapers and hands hurt due to reading book with her age.. She said its great can read 1 book and switch to her magazines with no prob..

I would maybe use it if they had color option so I can look at magazines and books on the road instead of piling up in my cab

Comment

How interesting...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123419309890963869.html

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
                  It's sort of a borderline/edge debate legally. Honestly, I feel the Author's Guild doesn't have much of case since the eReader isn't a physical person reading and it is not a recording (audiobooks consist of both). It's real-time text-to-speech and it's synthesized not a real voice.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Grrr! I swear I'm going to burst!

I'm tired of reading about how people want a eReader for under $100 and have all of the functions of a PC + a tablet.

For the love of goodness, they should just go out get a cheap netbook for $150 and replace the screen with a touchscreen (about another $100). Then they have have their heart's desire and shut their stupid mouths.

None of this anger is target at you guys, btw. You're all in the category of "educated and informed consumers", unlike the sorry bunch of commenters at Engadget.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                      Grrr! I swear I'm going to burst!

I'm tired of reading about how people want a eReader for under $100 and have all of the functions of a PC + a tablet.

For the love of goodness, they should just go out get a cheap netbook for $150 and replace the screen with a touchscreen (about another $100). Then they have have their heart's desire and shut their stupid mouths.

None of this anger is target at you guys, btw. You're all in the category of "educated and informed consumers", unlike the sorry bunch of commenters at Engadget.
                      I would love to see a netbook with a traditional clamshell LCD and a tablet-like eInk screen on the outside of the clamshell for reading books! And I'd really like it if it were under $100!
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        I would love to see a netbook with a traditional clamshell LCD and a tablet-like eInk screen on the outside of the clamshell for reading books! And I'd really like it if it were under $100!
                        *exaggerated sigh* I rest my case.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

That is a great idea! I had to read it a couple of times to really understand it but that would be great.

The eInk screen would be very low power consumption. You could also shut off much of the computers main parts. But things like wireless would be available if needed. This part would be instant on as well.

If you added the ability to play mp3/audible files in the low power mode even better.

I have absolutely no interest in a eBook reader or a net book. But combine the two (and sound playback) and I would buy it for even $500-700.

As Alton Brown says "Unitaskers Suck" (or something like that).
                          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                            I have absolutely no interest in a eBook reader or a net book. But combine the two (and sound playback) and I would buy it for even $500-700.

As Alton Brown says "Unitaskers Suck" (or something like that).
                            Yes, and yes! I just got a netbook that I really like. I've been thinking about a Kindle. If they made a combo, I, too, would be willing to pay about the same price that you stated. I just put the $100 number in there to make Acreo sigh like that...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yes, and yes! I just got a netbook that I really like. I've been thinking about a Kindle. If they made a combo, I, too, would be willing to pay about the same price that you stated. I just put the $100 number in there to make Acreo sigh like that...
                              You are insufferable! ;)

Well, it would be kind of cool if they rolled a netbook into a Kindle. Think: Color Kindle X PC Tablet for $500.

That I wouldn't mind paying for, but at $100, I don't see something like that happening at such a low price point.

Maybe we'll see it in a few years, but hopefully it will be under a pound. Even my netbook at 2.5 pounds gets heavy to hold after 3 hours of reading.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X