PC Fax software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Fax software?

Does anyone know of a free software that allows you to send and receive faxes from your computer?

Re: PC Fax software?

Or, I have a Multi function fax/scanner/copier/printer that is network ready, is there a way to fax over IP?

Comment

Originally posted by MrShawn305 View Post
      Or, I have a Multi function fax/scanner/copier/printer that is network ready, is there a way to fax over IP?
      The network functionality of the all-in-one's is for network printing.

It's possible to set something like that up, but not without additional hardware. Generally you see this done with VOIP systems, in which case you're not actually using the fax machine to send a fax anyway, but rather the phone system. Advantage is that you can also receive faxes to your desktop. But they tend to be pricey to say the least. Pretty much a business solution.

You're basically looking at using a fax modem (which should come bundled with software) and faxing from your pc, setting up a fax server or using an internet based fax service. Not aware of any free services atm, as most businesses are or have transitioned to the VOIP route.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

If you can plug a phone line into your all-in-one or your PC's modem, you're all set with just Windows software.

If you don't have a phone line, then I would suggest a service like eFax.com, which I used with satisfaction for about a year.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X