Antec Nine Hundred Two: Second Generation Gamer Case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antec Nine Hundred Two: Second Generation Gamer Case

I know a lot of TG folks have the Antec 900, so thought I would post about the newest version of the case:

Antec Nine Hundred Two: Second Generation Gamer Case

Not really for me, personally, but looks like it would be a good case with lots of airflow and room.

Bottom line:

You get a conservative yet attractive design, with an all-black interior and exterior. Performance is very good, especially in terms of ambient and hard drive temperatures on high-end systems. CPU and GPU cooling is also good, but not at the top of the charts.

Installing our system was generally straightforward, although we ran into problems with our choice of graphics card and the hard drive cages. You will want to carefully consider what sort of components you plan on utilizing before purchasing this case; we definitely don't recommend it for anyone using longer graphics cards.
    What's the bottom line? The Antec Nine Hundred Two is an attractive case with a relatively conservative design, and it turns in a rather good performance. Our only real reservation right now concerns pricing, but we expect that to change soon enough. As prices continue to drop, we definitely recommend keeping an eye on the Antec Nine Hundred Two; with the right rebate, we'd have no hesitation in recommending this case for just over $100.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Antec Nine Hundred Two: Second Generation Gamer Case

I wouldn't mind having that as my next case. Wish these things were cheaper though :/.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

I got this :D

just nothing to put in it yet :(

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Spend the extra money & get tha ANTEC 1200. It has 6 intake fans with air filters on the 3 infront & the 1 big exhaust fan on top plus a few other things.

Comment

Nice looking case, but I'll stick with my CM690.
          It's Gaming
          Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

Looks more like the Antec Twelve Hundred in styling.

Comment

Only thing I hate about both the original and the second design how the PSU is located. Seems like the PSU is creating heat which rises, even though the PSU has a fan to draw heat out you know some is going to rise just from the PSU casing that gets warmed up. So this is just creating more heat in the tower that needs to be sucked out by the rest of the fans. If the PSU was designed to be on top the heat is already there for the exhaust fans to suck out.

Comment

ugly, i'll stick to my v1

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                  Only thing I hate about both the original and the second design how the PSU is located. Seems like the PSU is creating heat which rises, even though the PSU has a fan to draw heat out you know some is going to rise just from the PSU casing that gets warmed up. So this is just creating more heat in the tower that needs to be sucked out by the rest of the fans. If the PSU was designed to be on top the heat is already there for the exhaust fans to suck out.
                  yeah but the trade off is the huge fan on top

I have the original and LOVE IT it was easy to put together though I did wish they put a window behind the CPU section because I had to take the MobO out when i realised the tabs on the CPU cooler werent seated 100%

but other than that I love it and sill love it..If i build anothercomp anytmime soon ill get the antec 1200 just for the extra room and air flow

the ONE drawback is the dust t collects..I vacume my PC out about once a month and have to wipe the fan grates off about once a week

but it filters the air in my house great :D

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                  The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

I have a 900. The 1200 and the 902 suffer from the same drawback that the original 900 has.......it's too small front to back. If you have a large graphics card, it's a pain to make it fit, if it will even fit at all. My 8800GTS just barely fits in mine.
                    It's a nice case, but I would not recommend it. Just not nearly enough room in it to work.
                    I'm looking at some e-atx sized cases.......Cosmos S, maybe?

Comment

I have a cosmos. Plenty room while installing everything, no problem getting the 8800 in there. I had an extra 6 or so inches.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                        The main reason behind this is to isolate the power supply. It's a single loop with air drawn into the bottom, and exhausted out the back. [With most 120mm PSUs anyway, similar with 80mm PSUs]. So, instead of all of the heat inside of your case being drawn through the PSU along with the heat the PSU is putting off, all that the PSU feels is it's own heat, "enhancing the longevity" of the PSU. Whether or not this actually has any effects on it depends on the model, and ideal operating temperatures.
                        It's Gaming
                        Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

I have done a LOT of research on the 900/902 & 1200 in the last few weeks. The biggest drawback is that unless you have a long wire you will need to get extention cables for sata and 8 Pin 12v+ and mayneed some otehr things.

The cooler the air it draws in the better it will stay cool and the cooler it is the more efficent it stays and also makes less noise from lower fan speed.

While looking for a case lower PSU was something that the new case HAD to have because of its advantages.
                          sigpic

Comment

Newegg now lists wire lengths on a lot of their PSUs. And you can probably search and find how long you need for each case. Plus, looking through the buyer comments for others using a certain power supply can help.

A lot of people talk about how you need a PSU with a really long cable set for my p182 case, and luckily my Corsair is perfect. If the wires were about an inch shorter, it might not have worked. But then again, I'm routing all my cables back around behind the motherboard and then back down from the top. Very clean case :D

Then again, a high quality extension kit is only $7
                            Silverstone 6" ATX extension cable kit Model PP04 - Retail

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I have antec 900, yes cable management sucks but i still got it to where it does not kill my airflow.

One of my firends has 1200, tell you the truth id rather get that than 900 Two.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X