Problem with Creative Sound Blaster Live LS card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Creative Sound Blaster Live LS card

I bought some 5.1 speakers yesterday and found out that my integrated audio wouldn't support them. So today, I went to WalMart and got a Creative Sound Blaster Live LS Sound card made for 5.1 sound systems. I went home and installed it. It was the easiest installation I had ever done, and everything seemed to work well. Then I turned my computer on. The first time it turned on, my mouse (a cheap usb) wouldn't move(it does this a lot), so I restarted. This time WindowsXP didn't load, and it would keep restarting. It would go to the symbol, and restart. Finally, I was fast enough to hit F1 key to start Setup. I then used it to start in safe mode, where I received \systemroot\system32\config\SECURITY or the files in it are nonexistent, read only or damaged. I had no idea what it meant. Finally, I turned on the classic rock station on the radio after restarting 20 or so times, and it came straight up. Right now, I'm not turning off the radio or computer, and I'm trying to figure out what went wrong. My computer is an HP Pavilion a350y with a P4 2.6 ghz, and 512 mb RAM. Any ideas on what went wrong or what I should do?
    "Yes Ma'am, I am drunk, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
    -Winston Churchill

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X