Help With Raid...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Raid...

Well since i asked a question in one thread and it was broken into a different one, i thought this would be okay...

This weekend im going to be reformatting my hardrives... Ive got my reasons, and well i was going to try to get my hdds in raid config...

What do i need, what versions should i get, and how would i read up on it before i do something stupid...

2 40gig maxtor 7200 rpm hdds...
    (My third is going into a external case -Tnx ImaWuss-)

And A fresh install/reinstall of Microcrap...
    Oyee

Re: Help With Raid...

Well, to begin with, if you're going to create a RAID array, then you're going to need a RAID controler card....

Do you have one?

Comment

No, and thats whats going to make me just say fruck it... I cant spend anymore money on my computer...
      Oyee

Comment

you can pick one up for 20.00 I have 2... want one?

koutech silicon image and a promise

the promise is a little more stable, the koutech is the fastest card I have ever seen.... when I first benched it with 2 120 wd se's, it beat out a 2x 10000 scsi 160 raid 0 by almost double in sandra 2003..... I ran it 4 times and the results never got within fighting distance...... it does tend to by a hair flaky though... I never lost data, but I crashed..........come to think of it... I bet that was the start of my radeon 9700pro dying.......so, I think the flakyness might not be an issue.......
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Thanks for asking, but no thanks, ive put almost 500 bucks into my computer in the last month, i need to cool off for a few...

17 with no job/income, thats a lot of money.
          Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
            Thanks for asking, but no thanks, ive put almost 500 bucks into my computer in the last month, i need to cool off for a few...

17 with no job/income, thats a lot of money.
            I'm 27 with 2 jobs/plenty of income and that's still a lot of money! ;)

The Muffin Man

Comment

ditto..... thats why I brought it up......
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X