Resizing or moving media player window causing system reboot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resizing or moving media player window causing system reboot

I am at a loss here after attempting to search around the web. This is a recently new windows install, SP3 and same hardware that I have done videos without issue on for 5 years.(prior to the reinstall of windows due to hd failure)

What is occurring is that I will open a video file in windows media player 11 or media player classic(preferred). It plays fine with no issues. I can fullscreen it and go back to windowed no problem. However as soon as I either try to drag to resize the video window or move it around my pc immediately restarts. The .dmp files talk of a driver issue and mention win32k.sys.

The weird thing is I have no issues at all in VLC(another media player) or Powerdvd. I can attempt the fastest resizes and moving the window around at rapid speeds and no restarts occur under that program. No issues gaming or anything else on this pc.

I had only ffdshow and an ac3 filter installed. After uninstalling them I still get the issue.

Any idea?
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Resizing or moving media player window causing system reboot

Try to update your video card's drivers; maybe you need new video codecs as well. You can find various codec packs all over the net.

Comment

Re: Resizing or moving media player window causing system reboot

I recently had an ongoing random win32k.sys BSD that got fixed by switching out the ram. Even though memtest ran perfectly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X