No announcement yet.

Dell's Inspiron Mini 9 drops to a delicious $199

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell's Inspiron Mini 9 drops to a delicious $199

This is a pretty good deal if you are a broke college student or just want to get something for your kids to learn on.

Dell's Inspiron Mini 9 drops to a delicious $199

I really don't think I would get far with a 4gig SSD though. If you click through to the Dell site, there is a link you can click that will upgrade you to XP, and 8gig SSD, and 1 gig of memory for only $100 more, so $299.

If this thing had XP, and about a 16gig SSD, and was still $199, I would jump on it. Will have to wait a bit longer I guess.

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Dell's Inspiron Mini 9 drops to a delicious $199

the xp part is not a problem... and even the 16gig drive is too small... the only parts that you need to make sure it has is the 1.3mp webcam...

ubuntu - install xp or osx anyway.
    512meg ram... we all know 2gig is going in it right away
    4gig ssd... 64 or 128gig ssd is 100.00 on ebay

get a 199 model, save the 100 for a decent drive, and eat the 25 bucks for the 2gig stick like you would have to do anyway.

but MOST DEFINITELY get the 1.3mp camera
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Re: Dell's Inspiron Mini 9 drops to a delicious $199

They keyboard is still a major downside for me. It's the one biggie that dropped the Mini 9 from my list of potential choices when I was shopping for a netbook. I tested typing on the 9 at MC and the number of mistakes I made touch-typing really turned me off to the lightweight and thinness of the machine.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed