OCZ Demos 1 TB RAID0 Solid-State Drive with Unbelievable Transfer Speeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCZ Demos 1 TB RAID0 Solid-State Drive with Unbelievable Transfer Speeds

I will be keeping my eyes open for more news on this one for sure. Yeah, the price may be $1,500 now, but in a year it will be down to like $400 or so probably, and then one will be going in my rig fast as newegg can get it to me :icon_eek::row__523:

OCZ Demos 1 TB RAID0 Solid-State Drive with Unbelievable Transfer Speeds

ut this into a system with a Core i7 965 EE CPU and an ASUS P6T motherboard, get some external power for the drives, and you'll easily reach transfer speeds at up to 712 MB/s read, 500 MB/s write as well as almost zero access time, a dream come true.
    I tell ya what. Blink a few times, look around the room, then reread that quote and wipe the drool from your lip.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: OCZ Demos 1 TB RAID0 Solid-State Drive with Unbelievable Transfer Speeds

What is the news with the ever looming degenerative properties of SSD now.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Rumor has it that ASUS will actually be debuting their new top-of-the-line gaming notebooks that will feature this same 1 GB SSD drive. Just don't expect the notebook to be affordable.

Originally posted by Sir Nerd
      What is the news with the ever looming degenerative properties of SSD now.
      SSDs still can't seem to manage mutliple reads/writes simultaneously like traditional HDDs. I'm reading all over that people are having system hangs due to simultaneous multiple reads and/or writes.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

More tests:

OCZ's ZDrive benched at CeBIT

Still looking very yummy!

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

wow... ill be buying one of these when the price goes down...