Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ASUS 1004DN Netbook with Optical Drive!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ASUS 1004DN Netbook with Optical Drive!

This is rather exciting news. It seems the unreleased ASUS 1004DN netbook has cleared FCC certification and might be poised to be released by ASUS.

Unlike other netbooks (even the SX3), this one features a built-in optical drive and the new N280 Atom CPU. No price is given yet, but it might be demo'd/featured at CeBIT 2009. So keep your eyes out on more pictures about this netbook.

I'm speculating that it might be as affordable as $600 given it is part of the EeePC 1000 series of netbooks and that past 1000 series netbooks have cost around $400.

If you're seriously considering a netbook now, I'd wait until this thing is priced and released. That way you'll have a choice between no optical drive or with a optical drive.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: New ASUS 1004DN Netbook with Optical Drive!

all this technology just makes me *censored*
    Last edited by Rough; 03-04-2009, 12:17 PM.

||||
    |TG-E49|Rough Sex Bomb

Comment

Originally posted by Rough View Post
      all this technology just makes me horni
      :row__735:
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I don't need no stinking optical drive :)
        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

My next "lappy" will be a net book and I am real happy to see a optical drive option.

Sarcoma
          Sarcoma.

Comment

What about the Asus Eee PC 1000HE? Spec'd with the N280 Atom (1.66GHz), 10" display (1024x600), 1GB memory and 160GB hard drive. Supposedly, it has a battery life of up to 9.5hrs? I'll wait for a review before I buy on that.

Newegg / JR.com

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
              What about the Asus Eee PC 1000HE? Spec'd with the N280 Atom (1.66GHz), 10" display (1024x600), 1GB memory and 160GB hard drive. Supposedly, it has a battery life of up to 9.5hrs? I'll wait for a review before I buy on that.

Newegg / JR.com
              I'll have my 1000HE by the end of this week. I'll post up another long-image review when I get it (along with tested battery life).
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X