• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista SP2 Release Candidate Now Available

Link:

Vista SP2 Release Candidate Now Available

Good advice:

Like any release candidate, Microsoft doesn't want you to risk putting this batch of upgrades, fixes, and feature tweaks on a system you couldn't stand to see get buggy. (EDIT: And, as the How-To Geek wisely counsels, you'll have to fully uninstall a release candidate beta/RC before you can install the official release later on). Most of us who know development, though, know that, for the most part, they're pretty solid builds, and some may want to see their Wi-Fi resuming, application compatibility, and other nagging problems adressed in SP2 get fixed right quick.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Vista SP2 Release Candidate Now Available

No better time to get Vista reinstalled on dual boot so I can play 2142 and GTAIV again...

I had it on a spare 7200rpm 2.5" drive, but I recommissioned that to my Acer as well as a full 1GB DIMM ;) the 5400 Acer drive went to my external enclosure, and I wanted to put Vista back on the RAID anyhow.
    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Oh good, now it's not much longer until they release SP2 final. Then I can go back to wireless. :)
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I never have any issues with wireless... I have broadcom and intel chipsets - am I missing something?
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Yes. Some of us experience "lag spikes" while playing or surfing on wireless. I've found that Vista will search for a new wireless network every 20-30 seconds causing my latency (ping time) to jump up to about 4000 ms (4 seconds).

SP2 is supposed to fix that issue so we can have a smooth wireless experience on Vista.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Does this affect only wireless connections? Or does the search also affect wired connections if one has a wireless adapter? (I'm thinking of laptops that sometimes get used in wireless environments but are wired when "home".)
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

only wireless, my PC (which as integrated wirelss) is not affected by the 'wireless search' when plugged into the wall but is affected by it when on WiFi. VAL is a great way to take care of the problem but doesn't work for everyone, I only notice it when gaming where ping is essential.
              Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Pretty good article:

Everything You Must Know about Vista SP2 Release Candidate

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

It was a large install and took a while. But that being said, it runs real solid and I am not having any issues whatsoever.
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X