Windows 7 and Punkbuster......not supported

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 and Punkbuster......not supported

According to EvenBalance, the folks behind punkbuster, they do not support either the 32-bit or 64bit versions of Windows 7. Their position is that since it's a beta/release candidate, they will not support it.

I ran into this when I encountered an unknown windows API error from Punkbuster and attempted to get Tech Support from them.

So if you were thinking about putting Windows 7 on your machine and trying to play games on it.......don't. Punkbuster isn't fully supported on Windows 7.

Thought I'd pass this along to y'all.

Re: Windows 7 and Punkbuster......not supported

A little late, this had been discussed already. There are a lot of games that don't rely on PunkBuster though, singleplayer games mostly. I been playing DeadSpace on my laptop running Windows 7.

Comment

Oh. Sorry. I just encountered it and thought I'd share.

Comment

iirc its only certain games that come up with this error anyways...I had 7 installed for a bit and allot of my games were fine it was just a select few that had the error
        |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

I ran into it with Battlefield 2. Anyone know of a workaround?

Comment

Originally posted by rich73 View Post
            I ran into it with Battlefield 2. Anyone know of a workaround?
            reinstall Vista :)

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
            The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Remember, Windows 7 Beta is just that...BETA. So if you install Windows 7 Beta in hopes of playing multiplayer games you may want to search around first to make sure the game will run fine in Windows 7 with no PB issues at all. Some people may have found workarounds to get things working fine but you need to consider a lot of things such as their computer configuration and their knowledge of what they are doing to get the games to run correctly. I just installed Fallout 3 and it is working fine. Of course it is only single player, I have not checked around for any multiplayer games working with PB and Windows 7 though. I play PR mainly and since I ran into problems on my desktop I just reinstalled Vista so I could play PR. My laptop is good enough to play PR on but I still like using Windows 7 so decided to just play the single player games on the laptop with Windows 7.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X