X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell Adamo: Wowzers!

http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/10/d...tly/#continued

:icon_eek:

If you thought Apple laptops were gorgeous-eye-bulging-mouth-open-drooling-phenomenons, then you need to check out this teaser for the Dell Adamo ultraportable notebook.

I'm already in love. Until death due us part!
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Dell Adamo: Wowzers!

I have yet to encounter a laptop I like for anything but enforced use while mobile. I hate laptop keyboards, which feel cramped and flat. I end up having to bring a real keyboard with me to get work done. The photo above doesn't give me a good feeling about Adamo.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Nice marketing. I'd be interested to see how the final product stacks up.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

yep, I'm interested in this now

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
          Nice marketing. I'd be interested to see how the final product stacks up.
          What he said.

One thing I dont like in the model tho, is where joints allowing the lid to open/close are. There is some sort of rectangular part coming upon the back of the laptop....looks like it might block the lid from going further than 90degrees open. I like having mine more open (as I usually sits higher than the laptop itself)

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
            What he said.

One thing I dont like in the model tho, is where joints allowing the lid to open/close are. There is some sort of rectangular part coming upon the back of the laptop....looks like it might block the lid from going further than 90degrees open. I like having mine more open (as I usually sits higher than the laptop itself)
            That back piece is curved though, so I bet it goes go back further than 90 degrees.

Comment

I keep reading that as the Dell Adama. Maybe someone will come up with a BSG themed paint job for it.

Comment

Engadget just posted this a few mins ago, and wow, the box looks pretty unusual/interesting

Dell Adamo hands-on and video unboxing

I would have to see it in person though to really make a judgement.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Hmm, an interesting upgrade for my Dell Mini 12 in a couple of years. But lets get real here: You have netbooks and you have laptops. which one is this one trying to be? With it's price tag it's looking like an overblown netbook, that doesn't quite have the power or battery life to be a laptop.

That's just my take, so far.
                  Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...