NPA's New Beast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPA's New Beast

So, you know, this is what happens when Newegg starts throwing around $100 off combo's for parts you were already going to buy on your PC build wish list....

Case:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112159
    Power Supply:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817703009
    CPU:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115202
    Mobo:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131365
    Ram:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145224
    HDDs:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136284
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136322

Couple other assorted odds and ends, grand total: $1658.89
    That build doesn't have a Video card. They didn't have what I wanted in stock, and I just dropped a chunk on a video card I sent to =DdogG=, so I'll be using my buddy's old 8800GTX for the time being.

Pretty much everything in this build had combo's going. Well over $300 off from when I priced the build a month ago. This ought to beat the crap out of my Circa ~2000 XP 3000+ machine that I've been running so long the rear PSU fan cracked in half length-wise on.

Edit: Reclaiming from old build:
    Logitech MX518, Samsung 22" LCD, Speakers, keyboard, speakers, mic etc.
    Last edited by Spyder; 03-10-2009, 05:17 PM.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Re: NPA's New Beast

! dear lord thats an expensive case
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Yeah, it kind of is. Lian-li full tower Aluminum. Got $100 off it though (combo deal with any i7 processor) So, you know, that makes it only like $100 more than those Antec's.... <_< >_>

;)

What can I say, I'm single, own my own house and make good money for where I live. It's the first time I've been able to get pretty much anything I wanted so I splurged a *teensy* bit.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

sweet setup...
        It is kinda funny that the most expensive part is the case....
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
          sweet setup...
          It is kinda funny that the most expensive part is the case....
          Well, only until I purchase my video card.

Comment

As a Lian Li owner, I will vouch to the community that the case is worth every penny. Mine isn't nearly as nice as that one (and is actually a Rocketfish branded case that was built by Lian Li) but I don't think I'll ever buy another ATX case again.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
              As a Lian Li owner, I will vouch to the community that the case is worth every penny. Mine isn't nearly as nice as that one (and is actually a Rocketfish branded case that was built by Lian Li) but I don't think I'll ever buy another ATX case again.
              No doubt. I don't imagine ever buying another case again ever. I won't go so far as to say it's necessarily "worth" it, I could've easily used an antec 8 or 1200, But you know, gotta help stimulate the economy....by buying Taiwanese..And Korean if you want to get picky about my CPU cooler....

Comment

What is your CPU cooler?

And are you useing an after market GPU cooler?
                sigpic

Comment

Lian Li makes beautiful and functional cases. You'll just love it.
                  It's Gaming
                  Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

Originally posted by Thesleeper01 View Post
                    What is your CPU cooler?

And are you using an after market GPU cooler?
                    I've been a huge fan of Zalman's Copper Monstrosities for a good decade. Haven't decided on the GPU cooler, will probably depend on how good the stock setup is for whatever card I end up with. Most of the stock setups are plenty good enough.

Comment

So, I've had this up and running for about a week now. No pictures unfortunately, as I don't have a camera.

Absolutely love the case. The blues on the case fan aren't so overbearing that they keep me up at night, and the layout and amount of space available is pure awesome.

However, it doesn't fit in my PC desk, so it's sitting next to it, which is cool.

Haven't done any significant hardware tests as I'm waiting on the release of the 4890's (and associated price drops) before deciding where to drop my money in terms of video card. Using my roomates old 8800 series in the meantime, which still lets me play L4d on max and DowII on Ultra.

Running the windows 7 beta, and am liking it so far. Only one OS related crash, which is good. Couple quirky driver issues, but nothing game breaking and purely related to the driver disk not recognizing win7. Decided to do that rather than buy vista for now, seeing as on the release of 7 I'd be upgrading/reinstalling anyway. So I'm playing pretty light on the installs/data transfer being that the beta ends in August.

I'll try to snag a camera and get some pictures when I open it back up to put the new video card in.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X