Headsets with a long boom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headsets with a long boom

Ok..I have bought 3 head sets in the last 3 weeks..returned all 3 and for the same reason aparently Im partially deformed in terms of the distance between my ears and my mouth cause all the mic booms were about 2 inches too short and werent capturing the sound of my voice unless i wore the one side off my ear to put the mic closer to my mouth

anyways from the center of the ear I need around 8 inches and from the ear lobe about 7(this is with enough room to allow comfort too so if its not exactly 7 or 8 itll still work probably)

the ones I had before were around 5 inches and that seems to be the average, but they dont work so does anyone have a good circumaural headset with a mic boom at or around 7-8 inches long? all other options are secondary because theres no point in having the head set if the mic doesnt work

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Re: Headsets with a long boom

You could go for a Bluetooth headset that conducts your voice through your ear canal to a mic in the earpiece.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
      You could go for a Bluetooth headset that conducts your voice through your ear canal to a mic in the earpiece.
      how well do those work though? always heard you have to speak fairly loudly to make it work

Comment

I saw a guy that loved his headset but it didn't have a mic and he didn't like mics that stand on the desktop.

So he got him some duct tape, a mic from some other place and a wire hanger. You can imagine the rest.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

This is the Plantronics one I have:
          http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...sets/audio-355

The mic adjusts up/down & in/out! And is bendable!

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
            I saw a guy that loved his headset but it didn't have a mic and he didn't like mics that stand on the desktop.

So he got him some duct tape, a mic from some other place and a wire hanger. You can imagine the rest.
            thats a good idea :)

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Darwin View Post
              how well do those work though? always heard you have to speak fairly loudly to make it work
              I'm using the Jawbone (original version). It's renowned for noise suppression (ie. the noise in the Jawbone user's environment, so other people can hear you well without hearing the noise around you). The downside is that the bass sucks, so other people sound a bit squeaky.

You should set your game to play VOIP through the headset, and game sounds through your regular speakers. That's how I have WoW set and it works very well. Two of my teammates work the same way, with their computers side by side, and we can understand each other fine.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                I'm using the Jawbone (original version). It's renowned for noise suppression (ie. the noise in the Jawbone user's environment, so other people can hear you well without hearing the noise around you). The downside is that the bass sucks, so other people sound a bit squeaky.

You should set your game to play VOIP through the headset, and game sounds through your regular speakers. That's how I have WoW set and it works very well. Two of my teammates work the same way, with their computers side by side, and we can understand each other fine.
                Keep in the mind the Jawbone 2 (haven't used the original) might not work for everyone. There's a small button (the white one) that depresses when it is in contact with your jawbone and this button may not become fully depressed for some and leads to miscommunication (or lack thereof). It's supposed to be a "one size fits all", but seeing how everyone's heads are varying sizes, it may or may not work for you, so give it a good try before committing.

Personally, I bought one a while back and never managed to get it working (as in people hearing me speak) though it paired marvelously with the three cells I tried it with (HTC Shadow, RAZR, Nokia 5300).
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

The first version also has the white plastic nub that touches your cheek. It's used to detect your speaking so that it can let that sound through while blocking everything else. It works fine with my severe overbite (short mandible).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X