Cooler Master V10 CPU Cooler Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooler Master V10 CPU Cooler Review

Thought I would share this for a few reasons. First, it looks pretty interesting from a design standpoint. And 2nd, because my eyes did :icon_eek: when I saw that it has a street price of $126. Ouch. I like that they compared it to the CPU cooler I use, the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme, which costs half the price and does a better job cooling.

Still, it looks pretty interesting. I'm wondering how hard it would be to change out RAM that would be sitting under that shelf overhang.

Check it out:
    Cooler Master V10 CPU Cooler Review

Pics:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Cooler Master V10 CPU Cooler Review

I bet the sunbeam core contact cooler I just purchased (I <3 Newegg deals) can do well compared to that thing, its just a monstrosity
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

The size of that thing is a joke....:row__642:

Comment

My V10 just arived yesterday I can not wait to try it out.

On hardwarecanucks they did a bench mark with it and rated highest noteing that the tec did not turn on till higher temps so unless you seriously put some heat into it your not useing the TEC fully. Thats done so the TEC does not go below freezing and cause condensation.

I just placed my V10 on a real size poster of my X58 MSI pro board and where the first ram stick is there is 2 inches of clearance beneath the cooler to the table. I think ram sticks up a bit more than the CPU so 1.5-1.75" to install ram sticks would suck but could be done. The reviews I have seen say to install the ram before the HS to prevent this.

The real problem is that once everything is installed in the case you need to remove the HS to change out ram and when you remove the HS you need to remove the MOBO to reinstall it easily (they say) so to change the ram you would need to remove your MOBO too.
        sigpic

Comment

My ram has heatsinks on it so there is no way that beast would fit lol. I bearly crammed my Zalman 9700 in there.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X