FRAPS hookup for Tactical Gamer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRAPS hookup for Tactical Gamer

I want to run this by everyone here and guage a response so I need some help.

FRAPS is pretty expensive if you buy it solo, ($37), but if you buy a group volume license, the prices are much cheaper. Check it out:

http://www.fraps.com/volume.php

Single User License
    $37.00
    ($37 ea)

5-User Site License
    $100.00
    ($20 ea)

10-User Site License
    $170.00
    ($17 ea)

20-User Site License
    $280.00
    ($14 ea)

50-User Site License
    $550.00
    ($11 ea)

100-User Site License
    $800.00
    ($8 ea)
    I asked the TG leadership, and if there is an interest in it, we might get a site license and people could paypal TG for their license.

There are some good reasons for this, such as the better options the paid version offers over the free, and access to the support forums there which you don't get with the free version. You also get all the updates when a new version is released, which is pretty regularly.

So what I need you guys to do is hit up your respective IHS forums and find out how many people in your squad are really interested in doing this. If you arn't in an In House Squad, buy you are serious that you would spend $14 or so, depending on how many people are interested, you can also respond here.

Help me out here guys and lets get a firm number so I can see how doable this actually is. I wonder if this should be mentioned in the General Forum as well because I see a lot of people there I never see here. And you might want to mention it to folks on TS while you are in different games to mention we are talking about it.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: FRAPS hookup for Tactical Gamer

I would get a copy for around 14, I'll put a thread in our forums and see if anyone else is interested.

Comment

You can count me in at the $14 level, but no more than that. I don't even know if I would ever use it. I'll buy it for the Content Dev forum.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

Posted a link in the BF2142 Forum, but I already have FRAPS
          Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

I already have it and LOVE IT. Super easy!!!

Comment

$37 or $8, I'm in. FRAPS is worth every penny.

Comment

I could be tempted...

~ Draken

Comment

I've been thinking of getting it. Count me in.

Comment

Definitely was thinking about shelling out $37 for it anyway.

Comment

I wouldn't pay for FRAPS. Cracks for the program are readily available. If you need to be legit though then I suppose it is worth it.

Comment

Count me in as interested

Comment

Originally posted by Diplomatic_Immunity View Post
                          I wouldn't pay for FRAPS. Cracks for the program are readily available. If you need to be legit though then I suppose it is worth it.
                          One of the points of this is to support the developers of a program we all like to use. If no one supports the product, no improvements get made. Considering how cheap we are talking, I think it would be worth it to be "legit", as well as not risking downloading a fake loaded with a Trojan (they are out there), and getting support to the fourms. Also getting a new version as soon as it's released, instead of waiting for a pirate to crack it.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Diplomatic_Immunity View Post
                            Wait, what? If we have a hundred people here that want FRAPS, you're saying it's not worth skipping an $8 movie to support the software that you enjoy using?

I understand that the actual value you derive from a product might be less than it costs, which is a common reason for pirating, but this volume pricing hopefully will move the scale in the right direction. If you enjoy the software, I hope you'll reconsider.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

The movies I've watched over the years which were made with FRAPS are cumulatively worth $40, frankly.

Count me in. The program and any organized initiative to purchase it at a discount, as a community, both warrant my support.
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X