Apple Mac Mini

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Mac Mini

Why a lot of us are building monster gaming PC's I saw this and got a kick out of how small it was. That thing could be packed around as a laptop instead of a desktop, weighs in at about 2.9 lbs., small desktop. I don't think it is priced to bad for a simple desktop(not coming from Apple anyway), about $800 for the better of the 2 offered but I believe I would get the cheaper one and then get a bigger HDD and more RAM probably for less then they are offering the $800 model for. The cheaper one is about $600. Nothing for severe gaming though since it does only have a 9400M video card.
    http://www.apple.com/macmini/specs.html

Re: Apple Mac Mini

ive been looking at one of them for a while. THey are nice little machines for simple daily stuff. Ive seen them put in cars for hot spot type stuff. But i cant justify that price for that small of a package. You can get a couple net books for that price...and what OS are they using?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Mac OS X most likely. Yeah, after thinking about it you are right, price is a little higher than I would really want to pay. After all, I just built a DIY laptop with a that has a 9600M GT, 4Gb of RAM, 320 HDD, and a P8600 for $746 total. Still it is the concept of such a small desktop that I guess is amazing to me.

Comment

Unfortunately, all you really buy it for is OSX. It's otherwise just overpriced x86 hardware all the same.
        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Macs are great machines, but you are a gamer, and unfortunately, you will always be behind on patches and might not have access to mods etc. Your limiting yourself. Saying that, you can install Vista on there if you want, but then you are still restricted on hardware you can use. I've got 1, but it is used for everything BUT gaming. I got a nice PC to do that. If video and image editing is your thing, then a mac is by far the better option.
          BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

yeah there nice we use the mac pro's for image editing and video editing classes at my school

Comment

Mac Mini = PERFECT computer for your kids

They can't really screw it up, and it'll keep 'em off your pc.
              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X