Hard Drive Comments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Drive Comments

So yeah recently i bought a SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache, from newegg and it came in "screwy" defective. The BIOS would sometimes read the HD and sometimes wouldnt. Any comments on SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache?

Re: Hard Drive Comments

Did you check your connections? Any BIOS update for your motherboard that might address HDD compatibility?

Personally I haven't had any problems with my first-generation Samsung Spinpoint in my old rig.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Um i doubt it because when i hooked everything up, it still came with the original BIOS on the board. After i trying to load the OS into the HD that night i decided to get a exchange. But i have never tried it again after upgrading my BIOS last week.

Comment

Hmm, well you can do one of two things:

a) get a RMA from Samsung and have the drive replaced. OR
        b) send it back from where you bought it and get a new one.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yeah i already planned to get a Return for another one, just waiting for my friend to send it back cause it was ordered by him.

Comment

I have read on multiple sites about people with problems. The other day on engadget a guy posted in the comments that he had gone through 6 rma trying to keep his 4 disk raid setup going.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I had read some troubling reviews from them as well. That combined with Seagate's recent bricking Snafu led me to buy WD for my TB storage drive.

However, I will also point out the Newegg is notoriously bad at packing HDD's in general, so you may have just had back luck.
              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                I had read some troubling reviews from them as well. That combined with Seagate's recent bricking Snafu led me to buy WD for my TB storage drive.

However, I will also point out the Newegg is notoriously bad at packing HDD's in general, so you may have just had back luck.
                Notoriously bad? I've ordered plenty of OEM HDDs from NewEgg and they usually come wrapped in about 2 inches of bubble wrap and is placed into a large oversized box filled with foam peanuts. I've never had any problems with NewEgg's packing and wish every other eretailer packed as well.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Same here.... rough treatment of said package however is a different story. UPS can honk a bobo.

Comment

Originally posted by KillDaddy View Post
                    Same here.... rough treatment of said package however is a different story. UPS can honk a bobo.
                    Ironic, I have bad experiences with FedEx package handling, not UPS (love the guy who delivers near me, kind and timely).
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post

Yeah after figuring out the HD didnt work, i got furious the next day and went out to a local Computer store to buy a 250 WD just to get the whole computer started.

Comment

I was told by a girl working at bestbuy to never buy computer parts from there, and she said especially hard drives. She said they get dropped and thrown around to each other while stocking all the time.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I have a samsung spinpoint 750gb, it has been going strong for about year now. No problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                            I was told by a girl working at bestbuy to never buy computer parts from there, and she said especially hard drives. She said they get dropped and thrown around to each other while stocking all the time.
                            -I dont believe so, the 250 WD i bought came in completely solid and in closed packaging.

Originally posted by jagass
                            Better check your connections...
                            -I did, me and friend kept switching the SATA port and even switching the cable from the CD-Drive to the HD and it still didnt work. Rebooted my computer to install OS like around 7 times and rebooted like 15 times to see if the BIOS read the HD. Still nothing, plus the panel for the connectors seemed to be a little loose so we classified that as the problem.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X