No announcement yet.

Intel basically supports rootkits

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel basically supports rootkits

They've been putting off fixing it for 4 years so I'd say they are supporting it.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Re: Intel basically supports rootkits

A bit extreme but something should have been done, I will say that for this to work I believe the hacker needs access to the hardware or at least that is what I have heard
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

"Root kits" where used at a place I worked.

Wonderful things., really. Allowed us to control our sales reps laptops no matter what they did. Saved some vary valuable data.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

aslong as they dont mess with my bf2 im ok.

Originally posted by Cotton926 View Post
          aslong as they dont mess with my bf2 im ok.
          They might end up rendering your hard drive unusable. Does that count?
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

As EGG shows, a rootkit in the right hands is a Good Thing.

In fact, virtual machines (VMs) are really just rootkits at heart. They trick an OS into thinking it's running on a real machine all by itself.
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed