IE8 Goes Gold!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE8 Goes Gold!

Rejoice! IE8 officially goes gold! Downloads will become available today at 12:00 pm (noon) EST.

I will be downloading and installing it on every machine in the house. :)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: IE8 Goes Gold!

<yawn>
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Cool! another iteration of the browser everyone with an ounce of sense should avoid.
      I even have my grandmother using Firefox now.

POE2 Developer

Comment

I use FF but as I always said, FF can't top IE7 or even IE8 in speed for loading pages. I am still relatively new to FF still and learning a lot about it but since FF last update I seen one thing they messed up on and it is nothing I am doing to FF either cause on 2 of the 3 machines I formatted and did a fresh OS install and FF install and still had the same problems. Nothing major but it is still bothersome to me.

Comment

Oh boy! A new way to run Windows Update! (The only thing I use IE for these days.)
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
            I use FF but as I always said, FF can't top IE7 or even IE8 in speed for loading pages. I am still relatively new to FF still and learning a lot about it but since FF last update I seen one thing they messed up on and it is nothing I am doing to FF either cause on 2 of the 3 machines I formatted and did a fresh OS install and FF install and still had the same problems. Nothing major but it is still bothersome to me.
            well... i use FF and i took the time to count the speed between the 2 engines.... +35% for firefox and beside you guys know you can run Ie INSIDE firefox? IE tabs
            |TG-18th|Markolh (Just call me Mark)
            BF Admin & Crazy French-canadian
            Former Irr, 11th and 31st

"He who wants peace, prepares WAR"

Comment

Damonte is a strong advocate of FireFox with the NoScript plug-in.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Wow, lots of negativity. I'm a strong advocate of web standards and since IE8 now supports CSS2.1 spec, I'm happy. Plus it's a bit more safer.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

nah im a firefox user but i tried using IE8 and its cool...
                  If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

i use firefox and safari but i also have crome and IE wich just sit there...

Comment

Originally posted by markolh View Post
                      well... i use FF and i took the time to count the speed between the 2 engines.... +35% for firefox and beside you guys know you can run Ie INSIDE firefox? IE tabs
                      Only reason I even started to use FF really is cause I tried an early beta version of IE8 and had thought it was going to be a big let down. IE8 was slow and I didn't really take the time to understand some of the new features it has and a lot of sites did not seem to work well with IE8(forums sites mainly). Since I installed Windows 7 Beta and I learned more about IE8 and understand it a little better I actually like IE8. I only use and like FF cause of the all the different add-ons that are available. If speed alone was a factor then I would definitely be using IE8. I had thought that maybe the add-on I use with FF was what caused the slow down and tried using FF without it but that did not improve the speed any.
                      I have not timed the difference of the 2 but it is noticeable enough for me to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                        Wow, lots of negativity. I'm a strong advocate of web standards and since IE8 now supports CSS2.1 spec, I'm happy. Plus it's a bit more safer.
                        Is there a NoScript or FlashBlock for IE8? What keeps it from infecting me through hostile JavaScript injected by user uploads to gamer addon sites?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                          Is there a NoScript or FlashBlock for IE8? What keeps it from infecting me through hostile JavaScript injected by user uploads to gamer addon sites?
                          That thing we call a brain?
                          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                            That thing we call a brain?
                            So you have developed psychic abilities now have you? You know exactly what a site will display, download and do to your computer before you even click a link?

POE2 Developer

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate View Post
                              So you have developed psychic abilities now have you? You know exactly what a site will display, download and do to your computer before you even click a link?
                              If JS is enabled, you don't even have to click a link. The scripts can "click" them for you, and hide the result so you don't even see it.

The value of NoScript is that it blocks all scripts except for those launched from trusted sites. I don't add advert sites to my script whitelist, and those have been the ones associated with this kind of infection.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X