Q6700 4 $150 @ Microcenter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q6700 4 $150 @ Microcenter

I am running an E6600. Is there any benefit to upgrading? I don't think I use any apps that are written for Q4.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0307114

Re: Q6700 4 $150 @ Microcenter

Wish we had those prices in Canada...
    If you do any video encoding or really heavy multitasking, it'd be a benefit. And most newer games and applications comming out are going to be optimized for more than 2 cores. Look at Far Cry 2 for example. Increased frame rates vs a dual. It's a bit more future proof as well.
    Only real downside is that it's going to be sucking a bit more power, especially if you overclock it...
    Oh well, my $.02
    It's Gaming
    Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

Re: Q6700 4 $150 @ Microcenter

I think since you already have a good dual core, I would save the money. By the end of the year or this time next year, I might give you a different answer, depending on what games your are still playing. ARMA2 for instance has said many times that you are going to want a quad. OperationFlashpoint2 as well I'm assuming.

If you wanted a bigger boost right now, I'm thinking the money would be better spent on a newer gfx. card, depending on what you are running right now.

That still is a really good deal though, for someone running an older CPU like a pentium or celeron or something.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X