Problems with sound (incomming).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with sound (incomming).

I thought that I should ask here to see if anyone could point me in a general direction of where to look.

The thing is that once in a while, my incomming sound basically breaks down. From being crystal clear and working perfectly, it suddenly changes and everything become v e r y highpitched. Just like if someone is spinning a record way to fast. And the sound also goes "metallic". The sound also goes down to a very deep bass, only to in the second later get high-pitched to a level that one really cant hear anything other than high pitched noices. I have checked the sound while this is happening,along with the headset, but the computer is saying that everything is ok. The only way to make it stop is to reboot the computer.

I am a bit baffled by this since I have a brand new comuter along with a top of the line headset and software from Logitec
    sigpic
    The Royal Lifeguards

Re: Problems with sound (incomming).

Can you be more specific about when the problem starts? Have you updated all your drivers? What video and sound card do you have? It also may be a heat issue.

Comment

I know, I should have posted some specs. J

This is my computer

HP a6632sc
      AMD Phenom 8550 Triple-Core Processor 2.20 Ghz

NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS

Creative USB Headset
      Realtek High Definition Audio

The problem always come when I am playing a game, and usually after some 2 hours or similiar. It does not always happen, but it has happened three times now in 1,5 months. I have never experienced a problem with it while watching broadcasts (TV) online etc.
      sigpic
      The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Originally posted by Steiner View Post
        I know, I should have posted some specs. J

This is my computer

HP a6632sc
        AMD Phenom 8550 Triple-Core Processor 2.20 Ghz

NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS

Creative USB Headset
        Realtek High Definition Audio

The problem always come when I am playing a game, and usually after some 2 hours or similiar. It does not always happen, but it has happened three times now in 1,5 months. I have never experienced a problem with it while watching broadcasts (TV) online etc.
        I would buy a sound card.

Comment

I had an issue with Realtek HD onboard and it emitting a very quiet high pitch tone every once in a while after playing vBF2 for extended periods. It wouldn't go away untill I restarted. Doesn't sound exactly like the same issue as mine. I don't think I ever fixed it; I just ended up replacing the MB, or replaced with an X-FI.. I can't remember the history.

I would suggest updating the drivers. It's either the drivers, or the hardware (Speakers) - I don't see your O/S or software causing such issues.

Comment

Originally posted by ZaBoo View Post
            I had an issue with Realtek HD onboard and it emitting a very quiet high pitch tone every once in a while after playing vBF2 for extended periods. It wouldn't go away untill I restarted. Doesn't sound exactly like the same issue as mine. I don't think I ever fixed it; I just ended up replacing the MB, or replaced with an X-FI.. I can't remember the history.

I would suggest updating the drivers. It's either the drivers, or the hardware (Speakers) - I don't see your O/S or software causing such issues.
            Well, it sounds similar enough to me. I will see what I can do driver-wise.
            sigpic
            The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...