• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zinc Beta 3 is a better multimedia web browser

Just saw this posted on Downloadsquad.com

Zinc Beta 3 is a better multimedia web browser

I kind of had a hard time finding the download, so here is a link
    http://www.zeevee.com/zinc/download-zinc

I downloaded and installed on my old computer, and it seems to run decent till I started playing HD video, which the computer can't handle. Overall, I like it. I watch tons of Hulu and Netflix, among others, and if I had an HTPC setup this would be really cool. Considering it is based on firefox, not sure if you can run normal firefox and this at the same time. You can download it as a Firefox extension though, and just play with it in your normal browser.

About to install on my good computer and will play with it some more.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Zinc Beta 3 is a better multimedia web browser

http://lifehacker.com/5169172/mediaf...ia-on-the-mind

Lifehacker did up this story on MediaFox a while back and it seems pretty slick. I'm going to download it and stick it on my thumbdrive, as it uses the portable version of FireFox.

If you want to skip the story, the download is here: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/224773/Mediafox.zip
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I might throw it on my netbook to give it a whirl. I stream a lot of TV shows online (Hulu, STC, Vreel, etc.)
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I've been using Zinc the past couple of days now to watch hulu and stuff, and I'm really liking it. Would be liking it more on a Samsung 46", but maybe for christmas or something :D

Really though, if you have 2 monitors, try Zinc and open it on the 2nd monitor. I just finished the whole 1st season of Rescue Me, the show on FX. Really good! About to start season 2. Freaking awesome they have all show from the 3 seasons up there.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
          I've been using Zinc the past couple of days now to watch hulu and stuff, and I'm really liking it. Would be liking it more on a Samsung 46", but maybe for christmas or something :D

Really though, if you have 2 monitors, try Zinc and open it on the 2nd monitor. I just finished the whole 1st season of Rescue Me, the show on FX. Really good! About to start season 2. Freaking awesome they have all show from the 3 seasons up there.
          I'll try it upstairs then in a bit. Just gotta take the cable out of the Linux box and plug it into my HE.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X