Cable Modem Recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Modem Recommendations

I need to purchase a new cable modem. Anyone have any recommendations? I am leaning towards a Motorola model. I appreciate any help.

ArmoredBear
    Last edited by AbRocinante; 03-25-2009, 10:42 PM. Reason: Original first sentence was redundant
    "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
    "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Re: Cable Modem Recommendations

Originally posted by ArmoredBear View Post
    I need to purchase a new cable modem. Anyone have any recommendations? I am leaning towards a Motorola model. I appreciate any help.

ArmoredBear
    Hey AB, I'm using a Scientific Atlanta Webstar 2100 and it's been able to hold a strong, stable connection even with quite a heavy load consisting of my 360, desktop, laptop, and 3 other family computers.

Most problems I encounter are with my actual ISP, not the modem, so I definitely recommend it. My old modem was a Motorola and it wasn't the greatest tbh.

Comment

Roguetheory:

Is that DPX-2100 or DPC-2100 model? I am looking for some online reviews for either modem. Also, my google search only found them available on eBay. I appreciate your help.

AB
      "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
      "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Comment

Should have mentioned that. It's the DPC2100R2 model, and unfortunately I'm unable to tell you where it came from as my cable company provided it for me free as a replacement for my original Motorola modem.

Cheers,

Comment

I used the last 3 models of the Motorola surfboard in the last 7 years and have had no problems. I also rent it from the cable company, so if I do have a problem, I just switch it out. I'm currently using the SBV 5220 model, that enables a phone connection as well as an internet connection. As long as you get a Docsis 2.0 capable modem and a warranty you should be fine.
          |TG-6th|FYAH29
          "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Search the forum here:
            http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all

For the model you are looking at, or post in the right section. I have seen posts all the time talking about different models and the people there have lots of experience with different ones.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X