4 DVDs of DOS games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 DVDs of DOS games

A friend of my dads gave me a bunch of DOS games on 4 dvds. There are thousands of them, i was wondering if their are any really good ones i should check out.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: 4 DVDs of DOS games

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
    A friend of my dads gave me a bunch of DOS games on 4 dvds. There are thousands of them, i was wondering if their are any really good ones i should check out.
    Check if there's any X-com games (or the UFO: enemy unknown series games, I dont remember the US name)

|TG-Irr|JamesTerror

Comment

I always enjoyed Total Annihilation, unfortunately lost it.

First real RTS game. You are lucky if you got it (and enjoy good RTS)

Comment

Originally posted by Mixa View Post
        I always enjoyed Total Annihilation, unfortunately lost it.

First real RTS game. You are lucky if you got it (and enjoy good RTS)
        I'm not sure what you mean by first because there have been RTS games before TA. Maybe you mean the first RTS you loved?

For giggles, look for Dune 2. That's what I consider one of the first modern RTS games. It's not an awesome game but it's interesting to see how things have progressed. Look for Dune 2000 if you want to play something that's like Command & Conquer but not tedious to deal with the controls.

Check out Prince of Persia. Although, it a lot harder than the remakes on XBOX Live and PSN because there are no checkpoint saves.

A bunch of other games to try:
        Crusader: No Remorse
        Leisure Suit Larry (any of them)
        LHX (yeah... helicopter games just don't look like that anymore)
        Civilization

- It's who you game with.

Comment

If you want to check out some oldies look for Test Drive, Wolfenstein, Descent, Heretic, Hexen, Doom, Police Quest and Myst.

Comment

Don't forget King's Quest or Space Quest

Comment

Look for Armor Alley (AKA Rescue Raiders on Apple II). It's a 2-player scroller (but can be played against the computer). I found it highly addicting. You control waves of infantry, tanks, missile launchers, engineers, and a helicopter, fighting your opponent with the same resources. The key is in the order you deploy your assets, which have a cost you have to earn as you play.
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
                I'm not sure what you mean by first because there have been RTS games before TA. Maybe you mean the first RTS you loved?

For giggles, look for Dune 2. That's what I consider one of the first modern RTS games.

Yeah my bad for bad word choice. I meant same thing what you with Dune 2. TA introduced
                many elements that made modern RTS like they are nowdays. Though I don't claim that there weren't others but this got my attention, and was the one for me.

Dune 2 and CC are both awesome games though!

Comment

Holy nostalgia trip batman.....
                  a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                  Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                  Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                  Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                  Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I've found TIE fighter, Dark Forces, several flying games, lots of leisure suit larry, Elder Scrolls Arena and Daggerfall. CC and Red Alert.
                    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

There are quality gems there...just make sure you use something like DOSbox to run them as not all will work with winXP or vista nicely.

Comment

HOLY CRAP TIE FIGHTER is one of the best games ever made.
                        Skud

Comment

Jazz Jackrabbit, Duke Nukem, Jill of the Jungle, Lakers versus Celtics, Indy 500... I could go on and on! :)
                          sigpic

Comment

riptide, hugos house of horror (1 2 3) dark ages, commander keen, wolf3d, doom1 2, theres soooo many

you should send me those discs =D