Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a LCD monitor

So folks,

my 5 year old 19" Fujitsu-Siemens LCD screen is getting old enough to be replaced (or serve as 2nd screen in my case), and my next investment is going to be a new screen.

I've looked around my local MicroCenter store, they got a lot, a huge lot of monitors standing around and to try out..

i think 22" is the perfect size for my desk and my enviroment (as well as my budget lol). I also saw a 23" Samsung screen at the MicroCenter for 200$
    newegg has it for a bit more: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001317

My budget is around 200$ if the monitor is really awesome i might be able to pay more.

Anyways, i also took a look at Asus and Acer monitors... but they dont seem to do it for me somehow... Samsung looks nice, has good colors and all. hanns-g also looks interesting from reviews i've read, but i never saw one in r/l..

But ey, what do you folks recommend?

btw, if you need to know, i have an i7 rig with a ATi Radeon 4870 HD 1GB. So i will benefit from a larger monitor without loosing performance..:row__690:

Life's too short to live it fast.

Re: Looking for a LCD monitor

what res do you run at?
    sigpic

Comment

currently 1280x1024 @75Hz

Comment

I can only say I'm enjoying my Samsung 25.5" panel. It's great for programming, letting me have lots of text on the screen without having to squint too much.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

reburbed dell 22" - as little as 159.00

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnlineS...DESC=ALL&s=dfh
          (probably won't work... but I tried)
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I also have an i7 as well as your identical graphics card and I use a Samsung T220 22" Monitor. I also moved my old 19" monitor to a second monitor and it is great setup.

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009145
              Thats the monitor i have, acer 22" at 169.99. Best monitor i've ever had.
              Runs at 1680x1050 16X10 - every game i have runs it fine on that res.

Comment

I am going to be in the market for one soon as well, my second monitor, a Samsung Syncmaster 225bw, is starting to fail.. when I first turn it on it goes grey screen on me and I must turn it off and back on 3-4 times to sort it out, its also a 1280 x 1024, I would like to find one that you can easily change it from landscape to portrait mode. My nvidia controls allow me to rotate the image being sent to the 2nd monitor.

On my samsung I simply rotated the screen on its base, i had to modify the plastic housing a little bit to accomodate the clips on the base but it worked. It really helps to make the desktop more useable.. I

Comment

I'm running the 22" 2253bw from Samsung and it's great. Sad to hear your's is failing Pancho. I also have their older 22" 226bw which is great as well.

I would suggest picking up a Samsung, although it seems you have already made up your mind, or at least narrowed it down from the OP.

Comment

I'd look into the Dell 2209WA. One of the only ips panels in the 22" range. True 8 bit color and superior viewing angles. Just remember you're looking for the WA, not the W.
                    That being said, I use a Samsung 206bw, and I've had no trouble with it. Too bad I can't get a second... Unless I can find a used or refurbished model for cheap. I'd prefer buying new though.
                    It's Gaming
                    Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

The one drawback to Samsungs is the glossy black frame. It reflects room lights and can be annoying. But I can live with that, considering how nice the huge, crisp image is. Most other brands use a matte frame.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Mine is Matte..
                        Might want ot keep looking around..

Comment

i'm reallly tempted by this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001317

but will i run into trouble with the extra wide resolution?

If not this one also looks quite decent (esp. for the price)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001254

But i'm also considering these 2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824254035

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236050

Comment

Personally, I'm partial to Viewsonic. I use a 22" that has served me well. Viewsonic doesn't seem to be the cheapest, though. However, from what I've seen the Samsung monitors look fantastic as well.
                            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

so i was in the micro center today, looked at the 23" samsung screen, and the 22" acer one.

I must say, the samsung screen didnt have the strength of the colors, on the acer it all looked way "juicier" and sharper. They were all connected via VGA, but, i guess picture quality transfers to DVI too, so the Samsung wont have popping colors all of a sudden with DVI. So i guess, next month when i get my allowance i'll have scraped up enough money for the acer screen, and i'm positive that i'm going for it!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X