Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Talent's 2TB PCIe RAIDDrive promises 1.3GBps sequential writes, 1.2GBps reads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Talent's 2TB PCIe RAIDDrive promises 1.3GBps sequential writes, 1.2GBps reads

More crazy news on PCI-E flash harddrives.

Super Talent's 2TB PCIe RAIDDrive promises 1.3GBps sequential writes, 1.2GBps reads

Remember the read we just had about the OCZ one? This one looks to be much faster! No word on price, but there is supposed to be a gamer version. I'm sure it will be well over $1000 at first, but who knows. We may all have one of these 2 years from now.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Super Talent's 2TB PCIe RAIDDrive promises 1.3GBps sequential writes, 1.2GBps rea

Looks interesting, too bad I'll have to sell off Canada on the black market to purchase one :D

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Re: Super Talent's 2TB PCIe RAIDDrive promises 1.3GBps sequential writes, 1.2GBps rea

With higher performance storage being affordable in less than a year's time (I bet), it makes me want to hold off on any upgrades this summer, and just wait until the '09 holiday season. Maybe I'll just pop a Phenom II BE in my current rig, and call it a day until then or Q1 '10

It's just not quite time to buy an SSD drive, still...
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
        With higher performance storage being affordable in less than a year's time (I bet), it makes me want to hold off on any upgrades this summer, and just wait until the '09 holiday season. Maybe I'll just pop a Phenom II BE in my current rig, and call it a day until then or Q1 '10

It's just not quite time to buy an SSD drive, still...
        Same here, it always seems like a bad to build a machine. New things are always coming out soon, now just seems like an especially bad time though.

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
          Same here, it always seems like a bad to build a machine. New things are always coming out soon, now just seems like an especially bad time though.
          Well, see there will always be upgrades and technology always moves forward at a fairly good clip, but going from a spinning drive to a solid state drive is a significant change in how storage is handled and is taking a more signifcant leap than, say, a 7,200rpm drive to a 15k rpm drive. Just as i7 is a significant jump in memory speed with Triple Channel, jupming on the integrated memory controller after AMD, etc.

My logic with SSDs also extends to "well if I'm doing a major system overhaul, then storage is a component I'll want to change", and you know, significant hardware change necessitates having to reload your system, so...

It just seems a siginificant enough change to go "huh... well.. I think I will wait on it a bit..."
          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams

Comment

drooooool

POE2 Developer

Comment

Does anybody know the MTBF for these things?
              I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

More good news ahead !

Bye bye platters!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

My Xmas gift to myself this year will be a shiny new SSD RAID setup.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X