Internet Explorer 6 is here to stay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer 6 is here to stay

Please help us save the world, and the internet.

http://www.saveie6.com/

Sign the petition now!

Re: Internet Explorer 6 is here to stay

*cringes* Neva!
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'd rather see it die :)
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Hmm, let me think about this....

NO!

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Compatible with IT departments that fear changes
          I think I'll stick with Firefox.

Comment

Neverrrrr! I refuse to go back to the stoneage.

Comment

Wait a second...take a look at the bottom of the page:

This looks awfully fishy. I'm thinking Pingdom created this "website" in an attempt shape traffic and drive it towards their site and their services.

Other than that, it's most likely a April Fool's joke (though with a hidden agenda).

Used by 97.34% of all internet users according to a onestat survey released July 28, 2003.
              ROFL. Why use statistics to try and back up your argument when they don't even reflect the current market? Disgusting.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

AOL - the number one ISP 5 years in a row! 104.3 million strong and counting...***

(customer statistics May 1998)

(by the way, I made that up....don't go trying to prove it... or do - maybe I'm close)
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

It IS an april fools joke. Come on people. Want proof? Zaboo posted this in the 6th forum too, check out how it went down:
                  Originally posted by ZaBoo
                  ROFL:
                  http://www.saveie6.com/

Some highlights:

Why you should use IE6

Here are just some of the reasons why you should use IE6 as your main (and only) browser:
                  • Proven technology. It’s been around since 2001.
                  • NO bugs.
                  • No unnecessary features that use up valuable screen space, such as tabs.
                  • Handles GIF transparency.
                  • First with AJAX technology (XMLHttpRequest, available since IE5).
                  • Renders all pages as they are supposed to look by the only standard that really matters.
                  • Consistent rendering of pages makes it the web designer’s best friend.
                  • The most aesthetically pleasing web browser logo.
                  • Highly secure (has received lots of security updates).
                  • Clear interface.
                  • Used by 97.34% of all internet users according to a onestat survey released July 28, 2003.
                  And my response:
                  Originally posted by Ferris Bueller
                  Right. My counter:
                  -No bugs...which is why they made IE7...and IE8.
                  -No unnecessary screen space...unless you'd like to count the fact that you have to open EVERY new webpage in a new window as unnecessary.
                  -Handles GIF transparency...just like every other browser does.
                  -Renders all pages by WHAT standard? Last time I checked, there was NO standard for rendering webpages other than the "it doesnt have a thousand code errors on the page".
                  -Most aesthetically pleasing logo if you forgot what letter comes after D.
                  -Highly secure...which is why they made a more secure browser with IE7, not to mention the complete lack of MS vulnerabilities that firefox has.
                  -Clear interface...like mud.
                  -Used by 97.34% of all internet users...in 2003 when firefox was still in beta, chrome didnt exist and opera was chock full of bugs.
                  Welcome to 2009, a place where IE6 is obsolete and all the listed points above are null. IE6 users=PEBKAC.

Nice april fools joke though.
                  Come on...IE6 when IE8 is out? doesnt take rocket science. They may as well have done "save Windows ME".

Comment

The standards laid out by the W3C are for how pages should be rendered if they follow the standards. So there is a standard (plural since there is more than one) for rendering web pages. The internet might be in chaos if there were no standards.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Acreo, I know this is home, but have you ventured out into the interwebs lately? It IS chaos.

Comment

I will think about it for a few few few months...lol
                        All you need is LOVE!!!

Comment

Someone kill it, kill it now!

POE2 Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                            The standards laid out by the W3C are for how pages should be rendered if they follow the standards. So there is a standard (plural since there is more than one) for rendering web pages. The internet might be in chaos if there were no standards.
                            Standards, like software, are not perfect. They often have bugs, and sometimes holes you can drive a truck through.

The original web standards were designed to support mathematicians presenting papers, not multimedia extravaganzas. Netscape hacked up new HTML features for some of those, then so did Microsoft, none of which were codified at the time by the W3C. Getting all that stuff into the next version of the standard was surely a nightmare of conflicting interpretations and omissions, and IE6 grew up in that environment.

I just had the "pleasure" of watching a video about the horrors of email message format standards, and from watching that it's a wonder email programs work at all, with any clue what the gibberish they receive means. It's hardly surprising that spammers find so much opportunity to use the holes in those standards to hide in, escaping the detection of spam scanners.
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Goodness, I did use the word "might". Apparently it has no effect on my sentences...:(

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller
                              Acreo, I know this is home, but have you ventured out into the interwebs lately? It IS chaos.
                              Hmm...good question, let me check? *Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, mini, miny, mo, which way did the tiger go* Yes, I've been on the interwebs lately. :) (I feel a bout of giggles beginning to form in my throat.)
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X