Battlefield 2142

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2142

hi its ZioDengoru again i was wondering how dependent battlefield 2142 is on your graphics card in order to get decent fps.

Im getting a new computer with a MUCH better cpu and mother board but i wish to know how badly the game needs a good G card in order to run fast as i dont have the money to get that with the new computer.

The Cpu and mother board in question are these. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138138 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103234

Also i have between 250 to 320 dollars..

Im trying to get a temp/quick boost in my fps as my current computer is getting me killed left and right with this bad fps im getting.
    |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
    Yes i watch and read mlp:fim related videos and fanfics. Problem?
    sigpic
    Steam ID: CrazyDengoru

Re: Battlefield 2142

About the time 2142 came out, the 8600GTS was considered a pretty decent (not bleeding edge) card, so I got one because it was at a good price point. I just recently had mine go bad, so I stepped down, very slightly, to a 9500, and I'm still satisfied with its performance (in WoW, I don't play 2142). So I figure you should be able to get a decent card for under $100.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

It's not a game that is overly efficient on the GPU, you'll definitely need something decent, especially if you want to max out antialiasing and anisotropic filtering. That's when the game starts taking a big hit in FPS if you don't have the junk to back it up.

Comment

I have an 8800 gts 512. Anything equal or better will be fine. I run the game maxed out and I can also use fraps without problem.

Comment

i play it maxed out at 1280 X 1024 with an ati 2600 XT its like $25-30 now... ati equivalent of 8600 GTS

Comment

yeah for anything higher resolution start looking at 9600GT or HD4670, those might cut it on some newer games but not for very long
            Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Someone already suggested the 9600GT so I'll suggest the HD4830. It's roughly and slightly better than my 8800GT in my desktop downstairs, which lets me play the game with high settings very well (last I actually got it working).
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well if were all tossing a name into the ring I would sudgest the ATI 4850 at its price point it is one of the best cards though not the best. I have seen some bench marks where it placed in the the top 3 if not top place while in crossfire mode in a test with the newest cards out there. Its price is very compeling.
                sigpic

Comment

well as i said i dont have the money to get a new one right now. ill just live with the 8400gs ..or whatever integrated video card the new mobo has.

Depending which one is better..
                  |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
                  sigpic

Comment

First thing, I think this this motherboard would be a little bit better and around the same price. I have it and it is great...3 year warranty and 140watt cpu capable for more upgrade capability. Also, I would recommend this chip. It is a little slower Mhz wise, but it has L3 cache and higher hypertransport speed which will transfer into better performance. You can compare them at Tom's Hardware - Benchmark PCMark Vantage - PC-Mark Suite to make sure what I said translates into performance for what you are looking for. If you have already purchased the cpu and mb, then completely ignore this paragraph...oops, too late.
                    For a video card, I have seen this for$70 after rebate which is the price I paid for it. It is a great card especially for the price. Keep an eye out on here in the forums for a good deal on a video card. People post there when they find really good deals. Last weekend, someone found a Geforce 260, a 640mb Seagate HD, and a flash drive for $200.
                    Happy hunting and hope I helped!

Comment

Save some money and buy the X2 5200($55). If a discrete card is out of the question I think there is a 780g board available for $60AR which has a better integrated chip than the 760g board you selected.
                      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

2142 is 3 years old and a card that is 2 years old at 100 dollars will do the job well
                        also be aware than 2142 does not support dual or quad core, so if you have one of them then 2142 will only use one of the cores, but thats all it needs anyway

Comment

How much do you have specifically for the graphics card? Gumball is selling an 8800 gts 320 for 50$ (shipped) here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/buy-sel...-hardware.html. Or a new 9600 GT is ~ 65$ on New Egg. Both would handle BF 2142 easily.

Comment

How are you spending your $320?

Comment

well if its that cheap i may be able to get it. To the duel core thing as long as it runs and plays smoothly im ok with it using only one core.

Ill need to find out the exact specs for that onboard video to see if it will run bf2142
                              |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...