No announcement yet.

Portable Ubuntu Runs Ubuntu Inside Windows

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Ubuntu Runs Ubuntu Inside Windows

This looks pretty cool, and if I have time today I may give it a go.

Portable Ubuntu Runs Ubuntu Inside Windows

Free application Portable Ubuntu for Windows runs an entire Linux operating system as a Windows application. As if that weren't cool enough, it's portable, so you can carry it on your thumb drive.

Built from the same guts as the andLinux system that lets you seamlessly run Linux apps on your Windows desktop, Portable Ubuntu is a stand-alone package that runs a fairly standard (i.e. orange-colored, GNOME-based) version of the popular Ubuntu Linux distribution. It just doesn't bother creating its own desktop, and puts all its windows inside your Windows, er, windows.
    Thinking of throwing it on my thumb drive for a go.

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Portable Ubuntu Runs Ubuntu Inside Windows

Oh wow...this is perfect for use on some of the public access computers at school. Now I can have the programs I need without searching the whole building for a unlocked computer to use (when I can't run it on my netbook). :)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Portable Ubuntu Runs Ubuntu Inside Windows

Utility just got more utilitarian.
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed