Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS 1000HA Now With 'Chiclet' Keyboard!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS 1000HA Now With 'Chiclet' Keyboard!

http://portablemonkey.com/article/as...clet-keyboard/

Originally posted by Portable Monkey
    The new ASUS Eee PC 1000HA (the model without Bluetooth and 802.11n), specifically the new black model no. EPC1000HA-BLK026X, now has that chiclet keyboard as seen on the 1000HE. There doesn’t seem to a white model equivalent though.
    You can find it at these fine retailers: Amazon, JR, and ZipZoomfly (among others).

It may be a bit cheaper than buying a HE, but at least now people have a choice between the HE and the HA.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: ASUS 1000HA Now With 'Chiclet' Keyboard!

Chiclet keyboard? How is replacing a normal keyboard with a cheap early 80s erasertip collapsing membrane keyboard good?

and

Are what come to my mind when i hear "chiclet keyboard", but maybe that's just because I'm oldschool and remember those types. Heh.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Re: ASUS 1000HA Now With 'Chiclet' Keyboard!

It's a "chiclet" style keyboard. It's not truely a chiclet keyboard (as far as I'm aware).

The force needed to depress a keyboard is somewhere between your traditional dome-switch and the scissor type, though I feel it is more like the dome-switch feel than the squishyness of the scissor type.

This style keyboard actually comes from Sony and people often compare it to the iconic Macbook (Apple actually hired Sony engineers to help design the Macbook for Apple back in the 1990s).
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X