Anybody have a Cannon scanner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have a Cannon scanner?

I am probably about to buy a scanner, and after looking around found 2 Cannon brand scanners that get really good reviews, which is saying a lot consider how bad reviews are for most scanners.

Newegg link
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16838111022

They also get rave reviews on Amazon.

First up, can anyone tell a difference between to two? And anyone have a Cannon and want to share their thoughts?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Anybody have a Cannon scanner?

I have a 3 or 4 year old canon and it has never given me a second's trouble.

the color is good and the speed is decent - even at the highest resolution.

What other choice is there really? mustek? hp is great at printing but sucks rocks on scanners. Epson is decent for both, but not awesome at either. brother is a joke.

Until you get up into business machines like ricoh/lanier and konica minolta... canon would be the best choice in my opinion. (and I am a Sony nut for all things A/V and image.)
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

How are you going to be using it?

Comment

I need it to scan a few thousand photographs. Going to do all mine, my family, my In-laws, and a friend who passed away. So it will get a lot of use. I like that people said you can put 4 pics down at once and it will see them as separate and crop them into 4 jpegs.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

thanks to the link.....very interesting....

Comment

Anyone seen a scanner with a 12" bed? That's the standard width for scrapbooking, and I'd like to scan my sister's work, including a nice family photo history she did for my mom.
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

What I really want is a scanner that I could just put a stack of photos in and it will scan each one automatically. I have looked everywhere, and every time I find one that looks good, the reviews are horrible, and people get their pics damaged.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

search around for a small company that has a ricoh c3500 or better they would let you borrow/rent/stand in front of for a few hours. As long as you don't print anything, it won't cost them anything.

you can drop in a stack of up to 100pages (probably less photos) at a time, and hit scan. it will keep asking you to insert the next batch, and at the end, you have a PDF. (you might need to break it up into several since you have thousands to scan) but the quality is good and the speed is awesome.
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                  What I really want is a scanner that I could just put a stack of photos in and it will scan each one automatically. I have looked everywhere, and every time I find one that looks good, the reviews are horrible, and people get their pics damaged.

Have you looked here ?

I have a friend who bought a high end scanner for negatives (he needs to archive thousands of them). I'll check with him on Tuesday. He's a real photo buff, so he might have some good advice.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I just read this review:

Canon CanoScan 5600F

That and the others I have read I think have convinced me to get it.
                    Plus it is on sale now for $119 at both Newegg and Amazon.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I have a canoscan 4200. I do not use it but maybe 4 or 5 times a year, but for the 10 people in the office, it sees a decent amount of use. There has never been an IT intervention with it's install or use, so stability in drivers and software on XP and vista is definitely there too. It can be much easier than standing at a copier if you have a very large job to do.

Comment

I ended up ordering the Canon CanoScan 5600F from newegg.
                        Decided to order Sun. night, but waited to order till Mon. morning. Big mistake. The price went up $10 overnight. It was still $119 at Amazon, so I contacted Newegg with the online chat, and asked if there was anything they could do, and he took $5 off for me. (Wanted to order from newegg because I still had a $60 giftcard left from Christmas)

UPS got it here Wed. morning, and I scanned 200 pics in about 2 hours. Actually scanned 40+ more, but forgot to click save to a folder, so had to rescan. I was scanning really old pics from my wife's family, most of them from the 1930s-1950s. They look really good considering they shape they are in.

Suprised the wife when she got home from work and she was really happy with them.
                        Told her "you know this means I will be needing to buy a new gfx. card soon right?", and she said that would be a good reward. :D :D

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X