Photoshop-For Free!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop-For Free!

Want to professionally edit images without spending hours on MS Paint?
    Don't want to download freeware like GIMP?
    Want Photoshop but can't afford it?
    Then you should try http://www.sumopaint.com!

'Relese your inner artist and put Pablo Picasso to shame with the finest painter softwear online!'
    It has very similar features to Photoshop, although not some of the advanced features.

It has a very similar interface to Photoshop, so if you use PS at work/school and want it at home, this could work for you.

It opens in your web browser, so no downloading.

Worth a look if nothing else. =)

http://www.sumopaint.com

Re: Photoshop-For Free!

Interesting, another Photoshop clone. Hopefully this supports PSDs and such as Artweaver (another open source Photoshop-ish program) has problems saving layers to a PSD file (will compress them instead).

Ack. It's a web application and doesn't seem to be offered as a standalone app. Means I won't be able to use it half the time. :(
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
      Interesting, another Photoshop clone. Hopefully this supports PSDs and such as Artweaver (another open source Photoshop-ish program) has problems saving layers to a PSD file (will compress them instead).

Ack. It's a web application and doesn't seem to be offered as a standalone app. Means I won't be able to use it half the time. :(
      Agreed. If you have the money it's no competition for Photoshop. On the other hand it is useful for people on the move or people who's computer can't run Photoshop. The web-based interface could come in handy on laptops. But I can see your point that sometimes it is best to have a program on your hard drive.

Not sure about PSD support, but you can't go wrong when its free. =)

Comment

I think it's worth more to use portable GIMP instead of this. I tried to see if there were shortcut keys with SumoPaint and there didn't seem to be anything useful. It also did some odd things when I was fooling around with it. GIMP has been around longer and would be a much more stable application that also supports PSD.

I tried doing stuff with additive selections and it started filling in the selection automatically with my primary colour. Then it filled the entire canvas with the colour when I tried to undo. A second undo erased the entire canvas.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Very cool share. I want to try it out. :D
          |TG| HolyEnd

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
            I tried doing stuff with additive selections and it started filling in the selection automatically with my primary colour. Then it filled the entire canvas with the colour when I tried to undo. A second undo erased the entire canvas.
            Ouch. GIMP nor Artweaver has that problem.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Paint shop pro is a good alternative and supports photoshop format, if your clever you can download it a a bargain price from one of their international sites..:icon_wink for less than $100.

Comment

www.paint.net < isn't all that bad either. I gave it a whirl on my netbook a few weeks back. Not for me, but those who haven't gotten hooked on Photoshop might like it.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X