Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition review

Looks like some good news for AMD's newest quad:

The Phenom II X4 955 was for the most part faster than the Core 2 Quad Q9650 and best of all it's substantially cheaper at $245. The subtotal cost of a Phenom II X4 955 system using a basic setup (Phenom II X4 955 = $245, 4GB DDR2 = $40, and AM2+ motherboard = $100) could set you back less than $400. Building a Core i7 920 system will cost at the very least $500 (Core i7 920 = $245, 3GB DDR3 = $60, and LGA1366 motherboard $200). That said, for the extra $100 or so, the Core i7 920 processor was considerably faster in a number of real-world tests.
    and

Overall we are pleased with what AMD has accomplished with the Phenom II X4 processor series, and the Phenom II X4 955 is a worthy addition to their quad-core family. While AMD may not be setting any performance records with this new processor, they are applying even more pressure to Intelís mainstream processors, and ultimately this is good news for the consumer.
    Full review:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition review

Newegg has it for $245:
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Deneb 3.2GHz

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition review

So it is reverse compatible with the AM2 slots, that's good to know... Plus it has DDR3 support with the AM3 slots... But has AMD fixed the issue with the AM3 slot so that they can fully support more then 4 Gb of memory?

~ Draken

(I hope they fixed the 4 Gb issue, I LOVE my AMD X2 and I need to upgrade here soon and would like to keep AMD if I can)

Comment

Re: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition review

I have 8GB in my AM3 board with a phenom II 710 and it seem so to use it with win7 beta..

it certainly does "see" it when you look at control panel..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X