Top 10 Free Ways to Transfer Massive Files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Free Ways to Transfer Massive Files

I read this the other day, but forgot to post it. Then this morning I had to upload a bunch of files, and remembered it.

Top 10 Free Ways to Transfer Massive Files

They list some good ones, but right now I'm pretty happy with DivShare.com.

Anybody else have any favs?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Top 10 Free Ways to Transfer Massive Files

Bittorrent. 'nuff said.

Comment

Great Post.. Thanks..
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by Nathrael View Post
        Bittorrent. 'nuff said.
        That doesn't fit the bill for a lot of things. For instance, this morning I was needing to send Viper some FRAPS clips for an ARMA movie he's making, and there was about 6 clips at around 100mb each. Wouldn't it have taken forever for him to bittorrent it with just me seeding?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
          That doesn't fit the bill for a lot of things. For instance, this morning I was needing to send Viper some FRAPS clips for an ARMA movie he's making, and there was about 6 clips at around 100mb each. Wouldn't it have taken forever for him to bittorrent it with just me seeding?
          Not really. If there are just one leech and one seeder, you would pretty much have a direct connection to him, and the transfer is only limited by his uprate/your downrate. Thus, you'd be able to skip the time you'd have to wait for him to upload the videos.

Comment

Not really. If there are just one leech and one seeder, you would pretty much have a direct connection to him, and the transfer is only limited by his uprate/your downrate. Thus, you'd be able to skip the time you'd have to wait for him to upload the videos.
            or you could be like me where P2P transfers are capped and pretty much snuffed out
            Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Another one not listed is DropBox. A free account nets you 2GB of storage. I've been using it for about 8 months to seamlessly sync files between work and home as well as post some files publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                Another one not listed is DropBox. A free account nets you 2GB of storage. I've been using it for about 8 months to seamlessly sync files between work and home as well as post some files publicly.
                /agree
                "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
                  or you could be like me where P2P transfers are capped and pretty much snuffed out
                  Use encryption and/or change your P2P ports. Most clients provide you with options for that, and it should work. If not, google around a little bit, there are a lot of tutorials on how to circumvent P2P restrictions.

Comment

Use encryption and/or change your P2P ports. Most clients provide you with options for that, and it should work. If not, google around a little bit, there are a lot of tutorials on how to circumvent P2P restrictions.
                    unless he's on a university connection in which case he can't do much.
                    In Order to Dance

Comment

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
                      http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Andrew_S._Tanenbaum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A678576

Bittorrent is only appropriate for transferring large files from one source to many recipients, because it depends on the recipients participating in propagating all the copies. The protocol overhead would be far too high to use it for a single recipient. The purpose of Bittorrent is to reduce the bandwidth cost of the sender to that of a single transfer, or a small number of copies. The sending cost of the remaining copies is distributed over the cloud.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by LogicalHarm View Post
                        unless he's on a university connection in which case he can't do much.
                        yep
                        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...