• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyberlink launches new video conversion software

Just posted this morning:

Cyberlink launches new video conversion software

Here is why I think it's important, and I may consider buying:

Cyberlink was one of the first companies that did not take sides with either Intel, AMD or Nvidia, and simply went with the flow by supporting Intel's Core i7 CPUs as well as Nvidia's CUDA and ATI Stream technology.
    I posted a thread a while back that showed how much faster you could convert a video with CUDA and Stream, and unlike most other programs like used in those reviews, this one can use either. So even if I switch companies later, I can still get the boost.

Plus it would be really easy to convert shows for my Iphone with this, since it has Iphone Settings as an option.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Cyberlink launches new video conversion software

Looks nice. I don't see where it says anywhere, but I'm guessing there's no Mac version? I don't like Compressor for quick conversions (or pretty much anything other than converting for DVD authoring). And VisualHub isn't in business anymore.

Comment

I'm not terribly familiar with video conversion, but doesn't ffmpeg do all the conversions you could want, for free?
      Twisted Firestarter
      a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
      sigpic

Comment

anyone tried this one out? oh well going to DL it..
        If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
          I'm not terribly familiar with video conversion, but doesn't ffmpeg do all the conversions you could want, for free?
          There are tons of programs that do video conversion, including many people's fav Super Converter, which is also free.

The point of the Cyberlink, and the reason it might be worth paying for, is it can use your gfx. card to make the conversion happen a LOT faster than just using the CPU. If you have ever done some converting, like taking a movie and converting it for use on your Ipod/Iphone, you know using a program like Super or Handbreak can take a long time and for some might cause their computer to be unusable during the conversion due to the power it takes to do the converting.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
            There are tons of programs that do video conversion, including many people's fav Super Converter, which is also free.

The point of the Cyberlink, and the reason it might be worth paying for, is it can use your gfx. card to make the conversion happen a LOT faster than just using the CPU. If you have ever done some converting, like taking a movie and converting it for use on your Ipod/Iphone, you know using a program like Super or Handbreak can take a long time and for some might cause their computer to be unusable during the conversion due to the power it takes to do the converting.
            SUPER itself isn't a conversion program, but rather a frontend (GUI) for FFmpeg. There are a few other ones like Avanti, but they usually lack the other codecs and plugins that is included with the SUPER download.

Is there a trial for CUDA out? I want go give it try to see how long it takes to convert some videos I have. Currently, it takes me about 30-40 minutes to convert 12 30 min. AVI clips from DVD-ish quality to 320 x 240 @ 480 kbits.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I find it funny how I have to elaborately explain how to get to the actual download on the erightsoft page for SUPER to someone I'm recommending it to. It's really a terrible site. It is a useful application (or GUI), though.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
                I find it funny how I have to elaborately explain how to get to the actual download on the erightsoft page for SUPER.
                Agreed. Worst. Website. Ever. I probably spent 30 mins trying to figure out where the download link was the first time I went to that site. The SUPER UI is equally ugly, but functional.
                Twisted Firestarter
                a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse