Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Card Issues.......

Okay......

I'm currently upgrading my old NVIDIA 7600GT 256 x 2 in SLI, to a GEFORCE GTX 275. When I install the new card, I get a long beep and nothing happens, the card is not recognized and the monitor stays blank. Now when I put the old card back in the PC and reinstall the old drivers, the PC works fine. Now the new card is not in SLI, and I'm currently running only one 7600GT and have forgone SLI for now till I get this figured out. I'm running a NVIDIA motherboard and as far as processor I'm running a Intel Core Duo at 2.33GHZ and 2 gigs of ram........

I've uninstalled drivers, I'm at a loss.

Any ideas?

John
    "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Re: Graphics Card Issues.......

List your powers supply specs/model. Wattage and amperage of the 12V line are important.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Silly question you may think but, "is the card seated properly?"
      Take the card out and plug it back into it's slot, then try again.

Comment

I upgraded to a GTX 275 yesterday and it blows every game I own out of the water on MAX settings. But I had no issues, I simply uninstalled the old drivers, seated the new card and checked for new drivers when I done that. Easy enough, and I have a similar set up. Hope you get it figured out.

Comment

Yeah I reseated the card several time. I know it's not the card because the first card I had I returned to NewEgg because I thought it was a B/O card. So they sent me another and the problem still happens.

Thanks for the help.

John
          "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

so did you put both old cards back in & it worked fine or did you just put one back in? Do you have a SLI option in your BIOS that needs to be changed?

Comment

That sounds like a power supply issue to me.
              sigpic

Comment

The GTX 275 requires at least 550 Watts according to Newegg. It is very likely your current power supply may not supply enough adequate power to the card.

Comment

That was my problem as well going from a 7900GT to an 8800 GTS.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Does it require two power plugins on the card? I didn't plug my second plug in and it did the same thing. Plugged in the second power source and all is well ever since. Just a thought. :row__572:
                    The Old Guy
                    kin3
                    sigpic

Comment

Well it looks like my 400 Watt power supply might be the problem. So I've upgrading it to a 750 Watt and I decided to buy a new case to give me some more room. I will let you guys know what happens when it the PC gets dialed in.
                      Last edited by Vodkatonic; 05-25-2009, 03:41 PM. Reason: no reason

Comment

Okay it was the power supply, I upgraded to a 750 Watt supply and all is good!

thanks for all the help!

Comment

And people say money can't buy happiness ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X