Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorola MOTO™ Z6c World Edition Question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorola MOTO™ Z6c World Edition Question.

Hey everyone, I was hoping you could help me with a phone issue.

I'm in Minsk, Belarus and my American CDMA phone won't cut it. Verizon Wireless (my at home provided) said that they could offer me service with my phone (Motorola MOTO™ Z6c World Edition) but it would probably cost me a load of money and an internal organ. Being in the heaviest drinking part of the world, I've decided that I need all my organs.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to set my phone up to work with a local carrier/service?

Right now I've got a corporate phone, but it's been a month already and I'll have to return it soon. The MOTO™ Z6c World Edition has CDMA capabilities, so I know it must be possible somehow. The Sim card slot on the Moto is actually a 'micro sim' not standard sized.

I'm hoping it's possible to just transfer the info on a standard sim to a micro, and then pop that baby in -- but I'm sure verizon has taken a few precautions to make sure it wasn't so easy. I don't have the time in the day to research it myself... im in the office 10-12 hours and at home I've got no intertoobs :(

If anyone could lend some expertise, I'd appreciate it... I just bought that phone before I left and don't feel like shelling out for another.

--- in other news, I met some members of the british deligation in Minsk.... hearing English (even the queens version) is sooooooooooooooooo comforting when you're surrounded by people who only speak russian. ----
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: Motorola MOTO™ Z6c World Edition Question.

According to Motorola, your phone supports GSM 900/1800 and a quick lookup of Belarus's GSM frequency support, according to WorldTimeZone, says GSM 900/1800 is used. I've never used Verizon before, but can't you just make and receive calls via GSM bands instead of CDMA?

As for your SIM card, I assumed that the Z6c used a standard-sized SIM card. If not, I guess you can try looking around various stores to see if they sell pre-paid microSIM cards. That's probably the cheapest way you can get service with your current phone without buying some SIM card duplicator overseas (take about 2 weeks to a month for shipping) and/or buying a new phone with a standard SIM card slot.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

verizon uses ein numbers on the phone instead of sim cards.

a world edition phone should be able to connect to more than just the US 900/1800 bands... It should be a quad band 800/900/1800/1900. this would allow connection to any gsm network on the planet - thus the world part.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
        verizon uses ein numbers on the phone instead of sim cards.

a world edition phone should be able to connect to more than just the US 900/1800 bands... It should be a quad band 800/900/1800/1900. this would allow connection to any gsm network on the planet - thus the world part.
        If you look at the "Motorola" link, you'll see Moto only states the Z6c covers GSM 900/1800 and CDMA 850/1900. It's a weird split between GSM and CDMA and neither covers all four frequencies.

Switch, are you not able at all to use your phone? Aren't there any carriers there on the GSM 900/1800 frequencies?
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X