Overclocking...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking...

What are the guidelines to overclocking? Can you keep raising it if your temp doesnt get too high?

OC is like dealing with a woman, its scary at times. Dont do it unless you read alot about OC in general and reports of what other people have OC your hardware in the past.

Comment

That asus board should have a beginners mode where you can up it by % marks...

what cpu did you get again? the 3gig one?
      From Adam Webb

Comment

one thing i do want to say...even though im a overclocker is keep it at stock for a week or so first...just test it, tweak it with newer drivers etc and make sure its 100% before you even start...

will also give you more of a chance to find out stuff :)
        From Adam Webb

Comment

2.8c

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
            2.8c
            Very nice...You'll be up to 3.5 Ghz on air with VERY few issues. I'll have a COMPLETE guide written up by tomorrow night. ;) :D

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre
              2.8c
              Very nice...You'll be up to 3.5 Ghz on air with VERY few issues. I'll have a COMPLETE guide written up by tomorrow night. ;) :D
              Thx. What can I do to get better performance out of my 9800XT?

Comment

IM SICK OF GETTING INVALID BLOODY SESSIONS ARRRRRRRG

Get the 3.9 Drivers from www.rage3d.com or the modded ones from www.omegacorner.com.

Make sure your Intel Chipset drivers are the latest (not sure where to find these). The default ones with WinXP might not be as fast AGP wise.

Your score is good if you had FSAAx4 and AFx8 on anyway.

but im not the expert on Intel things or how the bios's are so you'll will have to wait for spectre's guide.
                From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre
                  2.8c
                  Ya i need that guide too:)

Comment

from what ive seen cobra you need this sort of settings
                    14 (locked) x 250mhz
                    Ram @ 5:4 = 200mhz with LOW latency ie 2-2-2-5 if possible.
                    It shouldnt need a volt increase either i dont think...not sure depends on the core. One thing, have you got HT enabled? (dual CPU ish)

you will need Prime95 and Memtest to check for instabilities... Then of corse 3dmark2001.
                    From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag

14 (locked) x 250mhz
                      It shouldnt need a volt increase either i dont think...not sure depends on the core. One thing, have you got HT enabled? (dual CPU ish)

you will need Prime95 and Memtest to check for instabilities... Then of corse 3dmark2001.
                      This is a bit over my head..can you explain..I have a P4P800D mobo

Comment

erm why you get a P4P800D? thought you was getting a P4C800-E

anyway im not totaly sure about your bios, you'd need to look at the manual to find out how to change your fsb, and memory dividers.
                        From Adam Webb

Comment

14 (locked) x 250mhz

mem is corsair 3200LLPT 2-3-2-6

Comment

i remember my LLPT being sold as 2-2-2-5 but it is also listed as 2-3-2-6 grrrr

runs fine at 2-2-2-5 though :)

Cobra, Paul as the same board and he used the "easy" percentage settings... somewhere in the bios thers a increase clock speed thing, 10, 20, 30% etc...try it. Just make sure you know how to clear the Cmos if it goes wrong :)
                            From Adam Webb

Comment

i remember my LLPT being sold as 2-2-2-5 but it is also listed as 2-3-2-6 grrrr

runs fine at 2-2-2-5 though :)

Cobra, Paul as the same board and he used the "easy" percentage settings... somewhere in the bios thers a increase clock speed thing, 10, 20, 30% etc...try it. Just make sure you know how to clear the Cmos if it goes wrong :)
                              That is the fastest 3200 they sell...I can raise it to 20%, but if I try 30%, it crashes, and I have to flash the bios...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X