Bsod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bsod

ok today i finaly got my new ram modules, i installed them properly turned my copmuter on loads up fine. log on then after about 10 mins BSOD. Turn it off take the ram out and put it back in again, making sure that its firmly down. same problem. happeded 4 or 5 times. any ideas what it could be?

oh in case you wondering what ram it is:
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...d=8&subcat=813

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Bsod

I had that problem once and I later found out my RAM was fine, but that the nVidia drivers on my system were the cause.

Uninstall your graphics card drivers and use the generic Windows ones and reboot. If you're still getting the BSOD, then it's likely not your graphics drivers.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

thanks acreo but i think i may have found the problem.
      my system was over heating. think its time to upgrade the case and get some more airflow into it.

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
        thanks acreo but i think i may have found the problem.
        my system was over heating. think its time to upgrade the case and get some more airflow into it.
        Which component was overheating? CPU? GPU? If a specific component is overheating, rather overall system overheat, then you'd want to invest in a better cooler (if the cooler is dust free) instead. Changing a case may not improve your situation if that one component is causing the BSOD due to high temps.

Also, you could look at getting fans for your case (intake through the front, exhaust through the top+side+back (if you have a top and back vent). You'll need to reroute your cables and tie them together so they don't block airflow. Ideally, you'll want them routed under the motherboard tray (if you can).
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

those all sound like good ideas, except i have a slim line case, so there is almost no room for anything to be added. except new memory and hdd's,

Comment

Some MB have issues with certain RAM speeds. I don't fully understand the details, but I had some DDR2 800mhz that just wouldn't work with my MB - It would keep BSOD like you describe above. I took it back to my local store (Great family owned, low prices) and they allowed me to switch out the ram for a different kind which my MB didn't reject. From what I read my motherboard is crap... hah.

Posting details may help. I don't see new or additional RAM modules causing your system to overheat - beyond what it was at before.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X