Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lost Connection to the server.

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    What I said :). Preferably on a second monitor if available.
    I know, but you gotta repeat these things to Dirt as he is usually either a) drunk or b) a little slow :D

Comment

I tried your suggestion and there is nothing that I can see whats causing it. When I get DC''ed, I looked at my cmd and noticed nothing really. Like I said before, I do notice the occasional request timeout and a ping from 110 to 140. Lowest was 110ms Highest 160 with the average of 115ms. With only a 1% packet loss. But nothing to insane.

I did a visual trace to other servers in VA and it shows that it only takes 6 hops, and it doesn't go through Peer 1. Hell, I only get 9 hops going to freaking England.
      "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Dirt,

Have you tried without your overclock? Was your previous machine also overclocked?
        It wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't really a network issue.

Comment

Ok...I ran it again for about a half hour and got this

Ping statistics for 64.34.161.157:
          Packets: Sent = 2056, Received = 2042, Lost = 14 (0% loss),
          Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
          Minimum = 110ms, Maximum = 500ms, Average = 118ms

Comment

Originally posted by ZaBoo View Post
            Dirt,

Have you tried without your overclock? Was your previous machine also overclocked?
            It wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't really a network issue.
            My other 2 rigs are not overclocked.

Comment

Try to ping/traceroute to the gamespy server.

To verify which one you connect to, open a command prompt window (cmd), fire up PR, login, deploy, join internet, search for the TG server but don't join then alt-tab to your command window and type «netstat». This will show the current connections.

Look for a line like 207.38.11.14:29900 ESTABLISHED (29900 is the gamespy port). In this case, you would ping 207.38.11.14. I think if you lose connection to the IGN server, you will get disconnected.

edit: Alternatively, try this: join local instead of internet. You will obviously not see any servers in the list, join IP and enter the TG server IP manually.

DB
              Last edited by Dick Blonov; 07-10-2009, 06:13 AM.

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

This is what I got for my active connections.

Code:
                Active Connections

Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State
                  TCP    72.193.6.222:54519     px-in-f113:http        ESTABLISHED
                  TCP    72.193.6.222:54542     a24-234-2-16:http      ESTABLISHED
                  TCP    72.193.6.222:54544     pw-in-f133:http        ESTABLISHED
                  TCP    72.193.6.222:54594     pz-in-f101:http        ESTABLISHED
                  TCP    72.193.6.222:55316     cdns2:domain           TIME_WAIT
                  TCP    72.193.6.222:55319     207.38.11.34:29900     ESTABLISHED
                  TCP    72.193.6.222:55330     207.38.11.14:28910     TIME_WAIT
                  TCP    72.193.6.222:58850     cds9:http              CLOSE_WAIT
                  TCP    72.193.6.222:63566     cs:25999               ESTABLISHED
                  TCP    127.0.0.1:54503        Dennis-PC:54504        ESTABLISHED
                  TCP    127.0.0.1:54504        Dennis-PC:54503        ESTABLISHED
                  TCP    127.0.0.1:54506        Dennis-PC:54507        ESTABLISHED
                  TCP    127.0.0.1:54507        Dennis-PC:54506        ESTABLISHED

This is what I got after pinging it.

Code:
                Pinging 207.38.11.34 with 32 bytes of data:
                Reply from 207.38.11.34: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=248
                Reply from 207.38.11.34: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=248
                Reply from 207.38.11.34: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=248
                Reply from 207.38.11.34: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=248

Ping statistics for 207.38.11.34:
                    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
                    Minimum = 16ms, Maximum = 18ms, Average = 16ms
                I really don't know what I am looking for here

Comment

Well, you have no packet loss to the IGN server (and it's close to you). So no dice (pun intended). Have you tried connecting using local and putting in the IP manually ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
                    Have you tried connecting using local and putting in the IP manually ?
                    To see if I get the Disconnects? I don't believe so. Why would that be different?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                      Ok...I ran it again for about a half hour and got this

Ping statistics for 64.34.161.157:
                      Packets: Sent = 2056, Received = 2042, Lost = 14 (0% loss),
                      Minimum = 110ms, Maximum = 500ms, Average = 118ms
                      If you are peaking with 500ms, you will loose connection. I would keep running these kinds of tests to see if you get this consistently when you disconnect.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                        To see if I get the Disconnects? I don't believe so. Why would that be different?
                        You don't keep a connection to the gamespy server when you join local. You only connect once to login.

DB

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                          If you are peaking with 500ms, you will loose connection. I would keep running these kinds of tests to see if you get this consistently when you disconnect.
                          I only got it that one time. Later that night and ran it and my max was 220. What I don't understand is why its only EA games doing it. Why not Steam games?

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
                          You don't keep a connection to the gamespy server when you join local. You only connect once to login.DB
                          Tried it and didn't work...

Comment

Have you tried the COX HSI forum at dslreports ?

Maybe they can check some things for you (like modem line stats and all) ?

DB
                            Last edited by Dick Blonov; 07-11-2009, 12:06 PM.

| |

Comment

Ok, I posted my thread in their forums. Hopefully someone there can help me:(

Comment

What does this mean?

what type of protocol that what your EA games using? TCP or UDP? if it is TCP then that is possible this TCP reset flag bit that cuts TCP establish connection off as known as it kills connection off as it disconnected your game time from game server and if it is UDP then UDP does not need any type of flag bit sets, since UDP is unreliable protocol that very simply sends UDP packet out and receives UDP packet in without acknowledging notice or congestion monitoring.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X