Vista SP2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista SP2

Since I didn't really want to hijack the Win7 RC thread I guess I'll make another.

SP2 is on MSDN right now and RTM (release to manufacture)

After doing some hunting around I found this site but I have no idea how legit the download is, but I guess I will when it finishes. Looks pretty good at first glance. Edit: that was a quick torrent!

I'm pretty excited about SP2 as I'm hoping it will fix the only issue I currently have with vista, the wireless connection.
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Re: Vista SP2

There was a thread I think last week about it being RTM. I am looking forward to it too, but it is supposed to release to the normal update early next month.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
      There was a thread I think last week about it being RTM. I am looking forward to it too, but it is supposed to release to the normal update early next month.
      I'm too lazy to dig up my own thread, so this one is as good as any to continue the discussion.

@Reaper,

Do tell us if the SP2 RTM fixes the wireless issue. And I hope they release it soon. I don't want to wait another 7 months.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the wireless issue you guys are talking about?

Comment

With some wireless cards/onboard chipsets (since some users don't seem to be affected), Vista will search for a new wireless network every 10 seconds to 5 minutes. Thus causing us lag spikes and a overall choppy online gaming experience.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Woah, you'd think that'd be a major bug fix they'd push out pretty quickly!

Comment

Well its not a bug, that is what it was designed to do. Vista looks for more favorable internet connections every 20 seconds or so, they just needed enough feedback to finally get it changed.
              Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
                Well its not a bug, that is what it was designed to do. Vista looks for more favorable internet connections every 20 seconds or so, they just needed enough feedback to finally get it changed.
                And someone in the design/dev department didn't think one extra step further: is this going to affect a portion of Windows users? (like gamers)
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

The interesting part is that XP did the same thing if you let it. To turn it off, you had to disable the wireless zero process from running. In vista, microsoft removed the user's ability to negate that process. I fixed it by getting a wireless-N setup. worked like a champ after that, not to mention the fact that I can be on my laptop 2 blocks from my house and still be on my own network.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X