• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI vs NVIDIA

Does it really matter?

Re: ATI vs NVIDIA

Personal preference I think.

I have found nvidia to be more stable and my ATI card tends to overheat but if you weigh up the advantages and disadvantages I think they will come out equal.

Comment

Yeah, definitely personal preference. Some just like ATI more and some like nVidia more. I think ATI has better image quality. I've seen screenshots comparing AA quality and ATI has smoother lines. Although, I wouldn't notice while gaming. Also, I'm not sure if it's still like this but I find that ATI cards are smaller.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I prefer nVidia... but I think it does come down to personal preference.

ATI has the all-in-wonder cards.
        nVidia offers SLI options (I do believe ATI is working on their proprietary solution).
        nVidia cards are supposed to work slightly better with mobos that have their chip.

Just look for the features you want in a price range you like. Either company battles back and forth for who offers the best card for the money at any given time.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Nvidia own all with stability and just flat out performance.My brother always has problems with his 9800xt.

Comment

I prefer ATI....

ATI= though not as powerful when it releases a new card, it gives updates so that if there were any bugs after a release, the updates will fix it.

Nvidia= strong from the start, but hardly any updates meaning that if there's a bug after a release, you're on your own.

ATI!!!

Comment

I've used Nvidia since my first ATI 16mb card blew up about eight years ago. There's no particular reason other than that's what I'm used to, customer loyalty I guess. But if ATI offered something drastically cheaper or better than Nvidia I'd buy it.

The one thing that bothers me about Nvidia that Nightfire touched on is that their driver releases can be a crap shoot. Frequently the best driver for a particular card or game is not the newest.
              New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by ><JohnGalt><
                Does it really matter?
                For which OS? I'm a multi-OS user (Windows XP, Linux flavor of the month), so yeah, it matters to me. Nvidia all the way.

But other than that, its a personal preference v. budget thing.

Comment

I've used both and like both. Whatever is cheaper for the performance.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

My 9500 on a nforce3 board was very prone to overheating, often after 1 game I had to shut down the computer to let it cool down otherwise my frame rates would drop an awful lot. 6600GT on an Nforce4 board has been much more stable so far.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X