Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lookining for Alternatives - Power Point & Co.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookining for Alternatives - Power Point & Co.

So i'm doing a very important presentation in 2 weeks, and i wanna be 'different'

its a school project, which has some prize money layin' on top.

I did a lot of stuff in adobe after effects and photoshop to create some eyecandy, now a lot of parts of my presentation will include video.
    Now i'm looking for a good presentation software that allows the seamless integration of videos, Open Office failed for me, it played in a tiny viewport, so did Power Point, the vid didnt even play..

And even if things would work, open office and power point dont have as awesome effects as, lets say apple keynote.

So any suggestions for me?

Life's too short to live it fast.

Re: Lookining for Alternatives - Power Point & Co.

What is the project on?
    Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

If you have the skills and software, you could present the project through a website / Flash app.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by alexandermottram View Post
        What is the project on?
        its about a business plan, create an imaginary company...

Comment

Originally posted by creepin View Post
          its about a business plan, create an imaginary company...
          So it's a fake business plan or is it a fake company?

If it's a fake business plan, I can't think of anything fancy you could with it other than make sure you sound like you know what you're talking about, sound committed to the plan, and have goals and such clearly laid out, but isn't too complex or over-the-top.

If it's a fake company, then a nice website, a fake printed portfolio of your fake clients, fake business cards, etc. If it's a group effort, get everyone in business casual or formal, maybe make so you have the audience participating in a company's meeting (or whatnot) so people get a feel for the operations of the business, etc.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

A Flash app sounds like it could do the job.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/ar...omponents.html

- It's who you game with.

Comment

try mediashout... it is a rather expensive program, but there is a trial period - and it basically plays every file type possible. I use it almost every day, and there is nothing better.

It was designed for churches, but many concerts, seminars, and conventions are beginning to figure out how sweet it is. It can play a dvd from the disc, play an audio file while you display a bunch of images, play ppt files, works as a dj software, can display flash files and games, webpages, text files, etc... and it does all of this on the secondary screen without any controls visible.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I think people try to hard with power point presentations. When it comes to giving an informative presentation you should realise a few things, graphic effects moving objects and such are just distractions, so are crazy fonts and multicoloured writing. A good presentation should include the key points within an easy access format such as bullet points, the colours between the text and the background should be contrasting but constant. But the most important thing, pictures and diagrams should be relevant, they should have an exact meaning specifying the point your making and not just because it looks pretty.
                Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

http://www.dilbert.com/strips/comic/2009-03-07/

Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

The guys who brought you "The Website is Down" have a new hysterical video about the clueless sales guy's travails with "Excel":

http://www.thewebsiteisdown.com/

I'd warn about the language but the real danger here is someone hearing you giggle from your cubicle. ;)
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                      The guys who brought you "The Website is Down" have a new hysterical video about the clueless sales guy's travails with "Excel":

http://www.thewebsiteisdown.com/

I'd warn about the language but the real danger here is someone hearing you giggle from your cubicle. ;)
                      bwahaha, didnt have a laught that good for a long tiime! :row__631:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X