Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 9800 XT seems to be running like crap.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 9800 XT seems to be running like crap.

alot of rippling...not smooth at all...

"rippling"

have you applied a refresh rate fix for crappy XP? (ie are you stuck at 60hz?)
    From Adam Webb

Comment

Im running 2000 pro... Do I need to run one with ATI?

Comment

yes http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

why you using 2000?
        From Adam Webb

Comment

I hate XP

Comment

Why?
            From Adam Webb

Comment

Constant problems when running it. 2000 has always been stable for me.

Comment

you've got a new pc now...maybe it wont have constant problems :)
                From Adam Webb

Comment

yea, but I still have a older machine that runs 2000. I hate the networking querks between the two

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
                    yea, but I still have a older machine that runs 2000. I hate the networking querks between the two
                    :?: What quirks? WinXP pro has networked flawlessly with every flavor of Windows that I've tried: 95, 98, 98se, ME, NT4, and 2K.

Of course, I've never had any problems with WinXP being unstable, either... Weird that you've had those problems, as it's widely recognized as being the most stable OS that Microsoft has ever released...
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've used the force refresh rates in the ATI control panel and it locks the refresh rates just fine. Nvidia has something similar and it's also worked fine for me in the past.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                        Originally posted by Cobra
                        :?: What quirks? WinXP pro has networked flawlessly with every flavor of Windows that I've tried: 95, 98, 98se, ME, NT4, and 2K.

Of course, I've never had any problems with WinXP being unstable, either... Weird that you've had those problems, as it's widely recognized as being the most stable OS that Microsoft has ever released...

Was using Pro as well...Might try it again someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                          "rippling"

i'm stuck at 60hz and getting 17400 score what's the fix for the refresh rate stick??

Comment

Originally posted by Shad0wRIP
                            "rippling"

i'm stuck at 60hz and getting 17400 score what's the fix for the refresh rate stick??
                            http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

Comment

Originally posted by Shad0wRIP
                              "rippling"

it stops you getting a massive headache after 2minutes of looking at the monitor.

at least in my experience. You want at least 70hz refresh rate. I used to run at 100hz 1024x768, and 85hz at 1280x960. just make sure your monitor does this. the program i posted will know your monitors limits if you've got the correct driver installed.

then you want to force Vsync on for opengl and either force, or select "application preference" for D3D.

Enabling Tripple Buffereing in OpenGL compatability settings will stop the fps halfing problems vsync used to cause. IE 85hz refresh in cs with vsync on = 85fps, get into some smoke or some big action and it used to drop to HALF that ie 42.5fps.
                              From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X